Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, every week we have a picnic in our car with our grandson sat on the arm rest in the middle. I was thinking it would be great if we could put up a small "table" above the central gear area. It would need a couple of bars of rods to support it, but otherwise would sit above the central console at a height below the infotainment screen and above the climate control about say a foot wide and six inches deep.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Or any suggestions on design/build.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hi, every week we have a picnic in our car with our grandson sat on the arm rest in the middle. I was thinking it would be great if we could put up a small "table" above the central gear area. It would need a couple of bars of rods to support it, but otherwise would sit above the central console at a height below the infotainment screen and above the climate control about say a foot wide and six inches deep.

just dont spill any drinks.. From experience I can tell you a McDs Hot Chocolate entering the buttons "Auto Hold" Parking Sensors" etc etc makes them all gooey and work together, no fun having to have the heated steering wheel on just because you have auto hold on.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Here's something I've done previously in another car (sorry no photos). Get a decent sized plastic bag, and form it into the cup holders and over the armrest. Then spray a can of gap filler into the bag. (You can put some cardboard sides on the outside of the bag if you want to form it into a box shape). Wait for it to set, then you can take it out of the car and the plastic bag and trimm it all up with a saw and stick a tabletop on the top of it. :)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
just dont spill any drinks.. From experience I can tell you a McDs Hot Chocolate entering the buttons "Auto Hold" Parking Sensors" etc etc makes them all gooey and work together, no fun having to have the heated steering wheel on just because you have auto hold on.
Ah, so that's what went into the battery cooling system on your last car! Mystery solved :)

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
77 Posts
One day Andy the VW electric camper van will be available. Just up your cup of tea.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Here's something I've done previously in another car (sorry no photos). Get a decent sized plastic bag, and form it into the cup holders and over the armrest. Then spray a can of gap filler into the bag. (You can put some cardboard sides on the outside of the bag if you want to form it into a box shape). Wait for it to set, then you can take it out of the car and the plastic bag and trimm it all up with a saw and stick a tabletop on the top of it. :)
Yep, I’ve made a couple of bespoke padded boxes like that too. Messy if you get it wrong though. Oh and don’t breathe the fumes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts