Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have placed my final order for the ID.3 1st in Portugal, these are the final prices with transportation, paint, documentation and taxes:

ID.3 1st: 39,896 €
ID.3 1st Plus: 45,625 €
ID.3 1st Max: 51,357 (Now available in Portugal)

The car is coming with a Granny and Type 2 cable, which is fantastic. In Portugal the ID.3 1st is very competitive, for example a Zoe 50 Exclusive with CCS + 950€ and a Granny cable + 599€ is 37,789 € without transportation, admin and documentation.

80 ID.3 1st are coming to Portugal, 20 of which are Max. They are all ordered and there is a waiting list if anybody cancels. They will arrive in September, this year :)

The WLTP ranges are different and they are the following:

ID.3 1st: 424 KM
ID.3 1st Plus: 419 KM
ID.3 1st Max: 410 KM

If you want more detailed information watch my video here:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Exciting. I hope that after all the expectations it works out as well as you hope.
The difference in WLTP is surprisingly large for relatively small differences in wheels and weight.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told today that ordering starts next month in the UK...although I cancelled my prebooking via VWUK in early March...

My KIA SOUL should now arrive shortly...which was ordered in early March.
The E-Soul seems to be a fantastic car and is the second car on my list after the ID.3 1st. It is a pity that in Portugal the E-Soul is 5,000 € more expensive than the ID.3 1st which is also an important consideration for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exciting. I hope that after all the expectations it works out as well as you hope.
The difference in WLTP is surprisingly large for relatively small differences in wheels and weight.
I think this is normal for any EV, the tire size makes a big difference. It is often quoted but I do not know if it is true that smaller tires make the ride more comfortable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm probably still in at £36,900, together with £600 of free charging and 3 months 'First mover' rentals free. But I suspect the price might be higher than this, possibly around £39,000, at which point I will be looking at a Tesla Model 3.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,679 Posts
You might have to shout a bit louder, as there isn't many left of us that have made it to ordering! Only joking, there's a pub-full! .
Maybe on 4th July 🙃

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,679 Posts
I'm probably still in at £36,900, together with £600 of free charging and 3 months 'First mover' rentals free. But I suspect the price might be higher than this, possibly around £39,000, at which point I will be looking at a Tesla Model 3.
Considering Standard none 1st edition model is meant to be around £27K probably wait and see if your prediction is correct.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
That's one heck of a price premium over the standard, particularly if all of the features aren't enabled initially. I appreciate that the Golf R relates similarly to the base model but it is more significantly different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The id3 looks like a good car. I would like one but not at 40k. The cost cutting saved on the interior hasn't been past on to customers. I think I might wait to see what the series car prices are ( VW told me that we should know so we can make an informed choice about the 1st edition). I might wait to see the price of the Seat or even the Ford based on the MEB platform. EVs need to be about the same price as the ICE equivalents.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah the 45kWh battery might be enough for me.
The base model is very basic, a bit too basic for my liking. Don't want hassle of declaring to insurance all the optional extras that one usually adds...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The base model is very basic, a bit too basic for my liking. Don't want hassle of declaring to insurance all the optional extras that one usually adds...
View attachment 131602
I think it is a good thing they are bringing out a basic version, instead of only being offered premium EVs. Will allow more people to own EVs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is a pity they do not bring out the ID.3 1st as well as 1st Plus in the UK. In Portugal the Plus is 6,000 € extra which I do not think is worth it for the extras you get. If I only had choice of the Plus I would not have purchased an ID.3. 40,000 € is my limit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think it is a good thing they are bringing out a basic version, instead of only being offered premium EVs. Will allow more people to own EVs.

Very true, and the steel wheels would not put me off at all, much more practical. I'm sick of worrying about expensive alloys.

Quite frankly, as long as I have 4 electric windows, air con, a decent sound system and comfortable seats I'm really pretty satisfied. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts