Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any planned new planned public chargers for Nottingham? Is there a site with this information?

We seem to be very behind the times as a city, the ikea charger is getting popular so people must be buying them here. I saw my first outlander there this morning and an i3 and White leaf on previous visits. I drove into the city today with two options either charge at victoria centre or the railway station. I rang victoria centre to be told the charger is out of action (2-3 months now) so that only left the railway station which fortunately was working. Just two sites in the city carparks is really not going to be enough.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Most of the East Midlands seem to be way behind.

Part of the reason we are doi g our event next saturday and we have invited the relevant parties from Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Councils. Hope they show up and we can take the conversation further.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting do you need more attendees?

Saw another outlander on my way home. Common as muck these ev's :)

·
Soul EV & Tesla Model S
241 Posts
I think rapid coverage in Nottingham is pretty good on the M1 side. Ikea & all the services. It definitely lacks level 2 in town. I've started using the park n ride though as I come in from Newark (Colwick park n ride.) a rapid on the East side would be great.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I agree we do have enough Rapids (at the moment)

I think this stems from feeling a little jealous while visiting South Shields. You can park pretty much anywhere and there will be a charger nearby. I guess it's the same story in Manchester, MK etc. It would be good to have a similar provision in Nottingham.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Think you'll find that Nottingham is quite anti car in general. They believe buses and the tram are the answer to all transport issues. Without going into detaill of each:

• Huge investment in tram
  • Workplace parking levy
  • Extensive on street parking charges
  • Road humps on majority of side streets and other traffic calming (hindering) measures
  • Many pro bus, anti car traffic measures eg bus islands build into road which stops all traffic behind bus
  • Many speed limits being dropped and then mobile speed traps popping up
I did contact the council about their policy towards EVs and after the email autoresponder I never got a reply.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Most of the East Midlands seem to be way behind.

Part of the reason we are doi g our event next saturday and we have invited the relevant parties from Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Councils. Hope they show up and we can take the conversation further.
I think the chance of them showing up, especially on a Sat, are slim.

·
Registered
302 Posts
We have the Senior Transport Officer (Smarter Travel)
Sustainable Travel team, Derbyshire County Council coming hopefully notts equivalent may make the effort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts