Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Planning first trip already!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Brian Matthews 
#1 ·
With our new Ampera due to arrive after this weekend we are already planning our first trip!

We had already planned a weekend away for the following weekend in the Lake District (Ambleside) so when he said we could have the car early next week we realised that we could make that the first trip in the Ampera.

So we should get the car Monday but Thursday we are off northbound. We have decided to stop on route overnight to break the trip so I have asked if we can charge up at the Premier Inn at Newcastle-under-Lyme and to my surprise they said yes!

So we are not only looking forward to getting our Ampera next week but also looking forward to driving 800-1000 miles next week too with enroute charging to boot.

Watch out here and on twitter @paulchurchley for pics and reports on how we get on.

#2 ·
Do post here if you find any good places to charge. openchargemap.org has Ullswater Steamers, Langdale Hotel & Spa and the Ratty (Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway).

We're planning a trip up to the Lake District in June. We haven't yet discussed which car to take, but (if I've got it) I'll be wanting to take the Volt only I don't yet know I'll be able to charge it anywhere when we get there.

#3 ·
Sure will Duncan.

We will be doing a bit of walking but some driving around too I expect although there are 12 of us meeting up there so we might spend all the time in the pub :shock:

Should be a great weekend either way ;)

#4 ·
Hi Paul,
Thank you for inviting me to this website.
I have enjoyed your comments on Facebook since I became an E-Pioneer last June.
Pleased you decided to go ahead in purchasing one, I'm sure you will be pleased with your Ampera, It will be interesting to see what MPG you get on your trip to Ambleside.
I'm getting over 250 MPG with an lifetime estimate of 198 MPG but have only done short trips, mostly on normal mode and mostly battery powered. These figures will unfortunately change downwards when I go on long trips and holidays. It becomes almost a competition with my car to see how little it costs to run. At the moment, Pounds are replaced by Pence with my Ampera.
Looking forward to discussions and comments from you, other owners and others who are just interested in the car, praises, gripes problems (hope there will not be too many) and solutions to them. Together we can get the best out of our Amperas and hopefully those who are interested will get hooked and make the step into the future.
Enjoy the break and your car Paul.
Regards Brian

#5 ·
Hi Brian,

Thank you for following me and my electric car trial and tribulations! All I have tried to ever do is share my experiences and be honest :)

Before I was excited but now I am very very excited! We take delivery tomorrow at 2pm. :D :D

Next weeks trip will be great fun. I am hoping to twitter it and post regular reports here too along with photos so keep an eye out for that. Do you follow me on twitter? I can't remember who does and doesn't.

Thanks for joining us :)

#6 ·
Hi Paul,
I bet you are excited, it's always great to pick up a new car, especially one so unique as the Ampera, although you are partly there with your Nissan Leaf, at least you wont try to change gear with it! unlike me. :shock:
Will think of you at 2pm tomorrow, at the moment i'm not on Twitter but maybe I should.
Enjoy, :D
Regards Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.