Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my leaf a few months ago and noticed something that I think may not be right. This doesn't happen all the time but when driving often if I am doing above 40 the steering feels like it has a little play in it. It feels like there is a I can almost turn a few degrees either way with no feedback. If I take my hands of the wheel it bounces from left to right like a shudder.

This doesn't happen all the time but both my wife and I have noticed this at times.

Car is a 63 plate acenta 27k on the clock. I put 6k on in the last 3/4 months

Any ideas? Car is under nissan cared for warranty and has a 750 quid work promise thing for anything cropping up on next mot. Thanks in advancd

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
You could get the alignment checked.
Or it could be worn tyres following grooves in the road (it's called tramlining, as it feels like the wheels have fallen into a tram track and are following it with a mind of their own).
The Leaf steering is very vague, it's got a lot of turns from lock to lock and needs a fair amount of wheel movement to do anything.
One of the things they did in the Leaf 40 was to reduce the turns from lock to lock, gives a more precise feel.
Or it could be worn bushes in the suspension.
You can see there's quite a few things it 'could' be, but I'd start with the tyres as the most visible culprit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts