Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV, 2020 Jaguar F-Type
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried four different Sticks, all formatted FAT 32 with between 1000 and 4000 songs and no sub-directories. I started shuffle and the songs played, but there was no indexing and less than ten percent of the recorded songs played before they would start over.

How do I play all the songs on the drive?

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
195 Posts
I think that it may have a problem with that many files in one directory, I have over 32GB of stuff on my USB stick, in folders, like classical, Easy Listening, Sixties, The Shadows, etc then in each folder, a directory for each album title, containing the individual MP3 tracks. Seems a sensible way to organise things to me.

FAT32 has a limit of 65,536 with individual files limited to 4meg

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV, 2020 Jaguar F-Type
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that it may have a problem with that many files in one directory, I have over 32GB of stuff on my USB stick, in folders, like classical, Easy Listening, Sixties, The Shadows, etc then in each folder, a directory for each album title, containing the individual MP3 tracks. Seems a sensible way to organise things to me.

FAT32 has a limit of 65,536 with individual files limited to 4meg
The one directory part makes sense although these same sticks played correctly in previous Corvettes, MB's, Plug-ins, and BMW's. I have about 12,000 songs on my computer alphabetically by title - about 25% classical, 5% Big band, and 60% fifties and sixties. The rest are the odd seventies and eighties songs. I've never grouped them like you, but I suppose I could make some artificial directories. I like to play all types of music randomly.

BTW, none of the usb drives are near 32 gigs although a lot of the classical pieces and some others are over 4 megs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts