Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE
Could someone out there answer me one simple question? Only I have been trawling through possible links for an answer but cannot find one.

KIA SOUL EV - Do the three blue lights on top of dash board go out when car is fully charged?
Only I need this car for a long drive later today. I can see my car out of bedroom window but have teething baby finally sleeping in my arms, I am loathed to disturb her.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,816 Posts
AS FAR AS I RECALL, THEY GO OUT, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER.

LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN AND IT'LL BE AS CHARGED AS IT CAN BE BY THE TIME YOU NEED TO LEAVE FOR YOUR LONG DRIVE. WHAT CHOICE DO YOU HAVE?

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
86 Posts
On my Soul MY2021, I don’t have separate lights, just a bar of 2 colours, blue and green of different sizes which flash.
When charging, the green area of the bar moves along the strip and gradually replaces the blue area of the bar (or it could be the other way around🤔) and when the charging has finished, all the colours disappear and the bar turns a greyish colour.
I have noticed, that when plugged into the charger and awaiting the set overnight charge time, if I happen to open the car to get something out then lock the car, the centre of the bar flashes blue for a minute or so, then goes out, as the charger is waiting for 12.30am charge start time.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,816 Posts
On the 2018 Soul the 3 lights go out when fully charged.
I just recalled why I couldn't remember that ..

.... I always used to cover the lights up at night, and it was unplugged by the time I got in and took the cover off.

They are like frikkin' police lights at night, so bright they can illuminate the whole street in the dark!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Unfortunately the baby had already awoken so @donald had to shout above it’s screaming so that the OP could hear his response ;)
Never could understand why people get so upset over the use of capitals. Its just another style and can be easier to read by people with visual impairment. The shouting is in the beholders imagination not real, you could just as easily pretend it is intended to mean whispering or using a particular accent.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
On my Soul MY2021, I don’t have separate lights, just a bar of 2 colours, blue and green of different sizes which flash.
When charging, the green area of the bar moves along the strip and gradually replaces the blue area of the bar (or it could be the other way around🤔) and when the charging has finished, all the colours disappear and the bar turns a greyish colour.
I have noticed, that when plugged into the charger and awaiting the set overnight charge time, if I happen to open the car to get something out then lock the car, the centre of the bar flashes blue for a minute or so, then goes out, as the charger is waiting for 12.30am charge start time.
Looks like they changed it. Mine is MY2020 and only has blue.
One strip that has three lights underneath.
They are all blue if lit. Otherwise its a white/grey colour
The light doesnt move along in a smooth progression, either the lh one is flashing (<33% charged) and others off, or the lh one is on and centre one flashing (33%-66% charged), or lh and center on and rh flashing (above 66%). When its charged and it stops charging all three go off.
There are also other combinations, for example when plugged in on a timer the centre one only, lights for a while then goes off.

Reactions: KDon
1 - 13 of 13 Posts