Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
That's white error laden and ironically states: "In our first #GoUltraLow review we spoke about what are ULEV’s and gave lots of basic information that will be very helpful to read if you are considering investing in an electric car".

Hmmm.

·
Registered
585 Posts
What a load of $£%)"£(^ and $&(%$%£$^*....

It's no wonder the general public is confused by the whole EV thing.
£28 to recharge and it only goes 100 miles... What a load of rubbish... I'll stick to petrol... etc... etc...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Have tweeted a correction to her, will see if she replies.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Who the heck are these people that are reviewing motors just because they have a blog? The recent one on the Ampera was a joke (Jigglemum or something)...and the sales rep was clueless!

Hope they weren't getting special treatment because they have a blog. These manufacturers who think they need to jump onto social media need to be a bit more discerning.

Anyhooo...time to get myself a blog reviewing exotic sportscars.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I did have to queue at Ikea in Southampton one day,
AS for the review on Maries world I took the liberty of leaving a reply suggesting a re-edit of the piece. The BMW only has an 18.8 Kwh battery so a misread meter seems likely.
For the record my Leaf has never cost more than 4ppm.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've added a comment to that blog post.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I did have to queue at Ikea in Southampton one day.
Queue, or wait for one vehicle?

Hope they weren't getting special treatment because they have a blog. These manufacturers who think they need to jump onto social media need to be a bit more discerning.
Indeed they do.

Where the hell is my Tesla Model S already?! :p ;)

Or i8.

Or both, I'm not a brand snob.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Have tweeted a correction to her, will see if she replies.
She replied, I corrected her. She's going to send me a pic of her meter reading... (She said her husband would be relieved to find out it was £2 not £28...)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,533 Posts
She replied, I corrected her. She's going to send me a pic of her meter reading... (She said her husband would be relieved to find out it was £2 not £28...)
Well done Flipper, hope she makes a public correction/apology. Imagine if someone were testing the new version of the Prius, misread the petrol pump and declared it only achieved seven miles per gallon....! Or that the new ipad pro had a 130" screen....

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Sometimes we have to make allowances for people who make a mistake

Once you start believing your mistake is right and dig you heels in your becoming dogmatic

Ignorance is a choice in this day and age, anyone with an internet connection can find out the right answers so to be believe your own errors and not check them is ignorance by choice

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Wow, there have been a large number of comments 'putting her right' on that blog post ! Each one comes up with a different size for the i3 battery and the cost of full recharge mind you - but they're all within a few pence anyway at just over two quid so minor issue :D

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
At least she's had the good grace to amend the article, which is important (though she didn't credit me with the correction tweet even though she retweeted my corrections last night! *sigh*).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would like to say sorry for opening up this subject. Marianne Whooley did thank me for pointing out the mistake. So that's the end of that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts