1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
A bargain for only £10 and obviously fully matched to your car as the EV version is different to the ICE version. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
:ROFLMAO:
I expected the seller to be Chinese (almost every ebay seller is these days) but he's from Wales - just.
35 negative feedbacks in the last 12 months - and all about this thing as far as I can see on a skim.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
423 Posts
Let's assume this works. What would be the insurance angle? What about all the OBD2's out there. If just one model might affect a car's performance then could any OBD2 that one might buy do similary... Has anyone with an OBD2 asked their insurance company whether it affects their policy?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Let's assume this works. What would be the insurance angle? What about all the OBD2's out there. If just one model might affect a car's performance then could any OBD2 that one might buy do similary... Has anyone with an OBD2 asked their insurance company whether it affects their policy?
Don't worry. It doesn't.

If we were to join you on your flight of fancy, it would be a performance modification so noifiable to the insurers. But it really really won't work. Interesting how gullible people are, and maybe there are some satisfied customers who genuinely believe it's improved their lives. All in the mind, clearly.

If someone can produce some rolling road data or similar that shows a benefit, I'll humbly apologise. However, I'm pretty confident that won't be happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
OBD2 can be a route to tuning and coding and disabling aspects and increasing throttle response (which makes the car feel faster)

this will not work - ever. Open it and it will be a resistor in a box!

@andyswarbs - you mean diagnostic tools? Or anything that plugs into the OBD2 port?

the system plugged in would have to proved to be a tuning tool - just like fuel in the tank could be fuel or hi octane stuff.

JJ

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
985 Posts
I seem to remember seeing a video from Big Clive on YouTube some time ago. From my memory of it it just had a small circuit board inside to make a LED light blink randomly to make it look like it was communicating with your car and actually doing something.

The problem is so many people believe it because of the magic blinking light. They think in their head that its working and they tell others, and leave positive feedback on ebay.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Some of them are really smart and do actually watch the CANBUS to make the lights blink differently depending on the state of the car, thus further enhancing the illusion!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts