Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with huge, huge regret that I must report to you that Plug in Britain is not now forming at all.

I have to accept full responsibility for this unexpected and disappointing result. I believe that I ask too much from those I am working with and perhaps I am seen as unreasonable at times. I think that is probably true. I am very demanding and I expect people to be as committed and as enthusiastic as me. I suspect that I will always find it difficult to work closely with others in creating Plug in Britain and so I must pull out altogether.

I place no blame in any respect to any of the others involved.

I have done my very best. Clearly it isn't good enough.

I have offered control of PiB to the others involved so they could take it forward without me and they have declined and so I have no choice than to close it down.

I might be unreasonable in people's eyes but I am no fraud and so over the next few days I shall be returning all the individual donations back to the donors. This will cost me over £200 but to be honest you all put your trust in me and I have let you down so the money must be returned. Please give me a few days but if anyone has any queries about this or believes your money has not been returned just get in touch via my personal email address.

I think Plug in Britain was the last chance I was ever going to have at making a difference in the EV community don't you...

Sorry everyone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am shocked and sorry to hear that Paul, if you feel that you could help in the future at EVDA then please feel free to join the fold again now some Barriers are removed. Likewise while I understand some of the past issues have stopped PiB members (I am myself a member! Or was, I guess?) joining the EVDA-UK, the offer is always open for them to join the EVDA and be active in helping us all to get our voice out there for the EV driver. At the same time i'd like to thank you for the opportunity to get my Article, "EV's for the Disabled" out and about and the positive comments I received while it was posted on the PiB web site. Hopefully we can work together in the future.
Regards
A F-G

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very sorry to hear that Paul. I'm sure you'll bounce back though, in one guise or another. You can't keep a good EV enthusiast down.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Looks like Brian Orr is being his usual BOrring self again in forums that he is not yet banned in. I think EVDA and you could work now he's gone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well we just want what is best for the EV driver at the end of the day. Hopefully people will join and see that and help as a collective, i as I'm sure a good few members of the EVDA were members of PiB as well and are sad to see PiB go.
A F-G

Reactions: planetf1

·
Registered
625 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts