Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

We're looking to roll out the 'Plug In' network across the UK. Should we contact your local council?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We design and manufacture EV smart chargers
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Together with Suffolk County Council & Bulb, we've launched the UK’s first truly open public electric vehicle fast charging network - Plug In Suffolk. It's simple pay-as-you-go electric vehicle charging, just as it should be!

Want to attract EV drivers to your business and generate additional revenue by installing vehicle chargers? We're looking for Suffolk-based businesses to join the network and support Suffolk in becoming the greenest county in the UK.
BBC News: "First 'open' electric vehicle network piloted in Suffolk"
Zap Map: "The open network is accessed via a contactless credit of debit card, with no membership or registration required"
Click here to find out more information or speak with our team

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not just local councils but National Parks and AONB. They usually have distinct budgets, plans, planning authorities. I can say that the Lake District NP, Yorkshire Dales NP, Northumberland NP are all a bit sparse from coverage, and reliable charging points. Similarly my local AONB, Arnside and Silverdale has a destination charger at a B&B. I would also mention North Pennines, Forest of Bowland. All areas popular with people and under-served at present.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your link here is misspelled - four w rather than 3!
Hi vsmith1, thanks for the feedback! The link has now been updated. Please let me know if you come across anything else or have any questions.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'd approach National Trust and English Heritage - they have loads of sites around the country.

The NT have said publicly that they want to show "What being environmentally responsibly looks like" (or words to that effect) but thus far I've only seen loos that don't use water (and consequently smell).

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd approach National Trust and English Heritage - they have loads of sites around the country.

The NT have said publicly that they want to show "What being environmentally responsibly looks like" (or words to that effect) but thus far I've only seen loos that don't use water (and consequently smell).
Hi Orrery, great suggestion on contacting National Trust and English Heritage! Our contactless EO Pay unit would certainly help in attracting EV drivers. We’ll keep you posted on how conversations progress!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts