Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been looking at the plugshare app and noticed that you can list your home charger on the app for people in an emergency to top up enough to get them to nearest real charge point. Let's you pop your details in and details of your connection, allows contact through the app (to check if your in and charger is available).

Has anyone already listed their charger on such an app? Just thought it was quiet a nice emergency backup plan. (providing it's not 3am, or someone coming to charge everyday).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just listed mine but only with phone # (I said to call for address) - would prefer to be home rather than have people help themselves (plus we're hard to find, up a steep driveway). I live in a rural area and I apparently am now the sole residential listing. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes, I am listed
You can specify any conditions - like I say latest top up time to avoid nuisance to neighbours in my corner late evening; otherwise happy to be available in need.

·
Chartered Engineer
1,841 Posts
I'm also listed but so far no takers. There are CYC rapids close by though so someone would have to be pretty desperate :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do you get paid for folk charging from your home charger? Is is mediated by PlugShare - or do you charge them yourselves?

·
Chartered Engineer
1,841 Posts
Do you get paid for folk charging from your home charger? Is is mediated by PlugShare - or do you charge them yourselves?
If you wish to apply a fee then I think you can indicate that in the comments, but any negotiation is done by yourself as far as I know.

·
Loadshedding
304 Posts
I have mine listed but may tweek the post a bit , I was travelling a few day ago and contacted a chap via Plugshare App which showed him to be located near my favourite Chip shop in Yorkshire. He got back to me promptly to say that he lived a few miles away from that location as due to a high number of Tesla thefts in the area the police had advidsed him to only give a general idea of his home area. Evidently Tesla body panels are much sought after.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'll be sharing my charger at home and at my workshop when I get set up. I think it's nice to be nice. We should all stick together and help each other out when we can.

Maybe we should start a club like the Hells Angels, get EV tatto's and wear patches on our backs that say EVAngels - No ICE here. Mmmmmm.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts