Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've been looking to ply line the back of my new 2020 E-NV200. One supplier's web site said the floor cannot be screwed down. Is that right, maybe because of the batteries or access to them?
Thanks

Ian

·
E-Van ponderer
37 Posts
Mine wasn’t screwed down. But it has a lot of stuff on it, so it’s not really a problem. A small amount of silicone will stop it rattling when empty if that’s what your worried about.

The ply lining kit that my van came with was awful. I lost a good 4” (or more in some areas!) space in the back each side, and it’s didn’t fit around any of the door fittings well. It as a very poor effort, but maybe that was a really cheap kit. It needed a lot of modification to get the space back.

The black plastic trims just inside the roller door can come off to get rid of that awkward lump (why Nissan! There isn’t no seat belt!) . I cut mine down to protect a cable lower down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine wasn’t screwed down. But it has a lot of stuff on it, so it’s not really a problem. A small amount of silicone will stop it rattling when empty if that’s what your worried about.

The ply lining kit that my van came with was awful. I lost a good 4” (or more in some areas!) space in the back each side, and it’s didn’t fit around any of the door fittings well. It as a very poor effort, but maybe that was a really cheap kit. It needed a lot of modification to get the space back.

The black plastic trims just inside the roller door can come off to get rid of that awkward lump (why Nissan! There isn’t no seat belt!) . I cut mine down to protect a cable lower down.
Hi Richard, good info, thanks.
Yes I was thinking the floor would be rattly as it will be empty a lot of the time, but I could blot some silicone on the metal floor before laying the ply on top and silicone around the edges.

My E-NV200 is brand new and it has 2 plastic strips about 50cm long along the rear of the side walls. They have small adjustable lashing rings on them which is a good idea I think, so I would probably have to cut out a long hole in the side wall ply to accommodate them, unless I find a ply supplier that's already thought of that.

Have you got ply on your bulkhead? I wondered if ply would bend enough to have one piece from top to bottom of the bulkhead.

·
E-Van ponderer
37 Posts
I have seen small infill pannels, but mine was straight over everything.
No ply on the bulkhead, was thinking of a litt Carpet actually.
Current state attached p..

Reactions: JackPreacher
1 - 5 of 5 Posts