Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created an account with Pod Point and added £10 to it.

Since then the app shows I've charged to the value of £10.76, but my balance is unchanged.

How does it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
I created an account with Pod Point and added £10 to it.

Since then the app shows I've charged to the value of £10.76, but my balance is unchanged.

How does it work?

Many of the pod points are free..I think all the 7kwh ones are free.amd those are the only ones I've ever used so perhaps you've only charged at those so far? Tescos etc.

Podpoint should be deducting the money as soon as your charging session ends and I'm pretty certain they automatically stop once your balance gets to zero.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Interesting. I put £5 on mine years ago and it got to zero this year. I then added another £5 to it. I can't have timed my last charge perfectly to pull the cable out when my balance got to zero. I assumed the system just cut out once I used up my balance. Maybe it's like the old Oyster cards which allow you do go a little negative on the assumption that you'll top up again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one I was using is at Lidl and is 50kw. Perhaps it's actually free? I thought the supermarket free units were mainly low speed 7kw

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,106 Posts
The one I was using is at Lidl and is 50kw. Perhaps it's actually free? I thought the supermarket free units were mainly low speed 7kw

All lidl 50kW rapids are 23p/kWh from memory. Their 7 and 22kW AC posts are free though, at their supermarkets where they didn't install rapid chargers.

(This is in the case of Pod Point at least. I realise they do host other networks at a small number of locations and they have their own price structures)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All lidl 50kW rapids are 23p/kWh from memory. Their 7 and 22kW AC posts are free though, at their supermarkets where they didn't install rapid chargers.

(This is in the case of Pod Point at least. I realise they do host other networks at a small number of locations and they have their own price structures)
Yep. This one is 23p. Shows the charges in the app, but never debits my balance (or hasn't so far)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts