Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electronics Technology Computer hardware Electronic device Electronic component

This is inside my pod point charger , i know the jumper on the green pins sets the current , it is set to 7kw in the photo, if removed its 3.6kw , does anyone know what other levels are avilable ? im having solar panels fitted next week and would like to put a switch in for lower level when its sunny .

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
How old is that Pod Point? Is it connected via your WiFi to Pod Point HQ? In which case I don't think they would take kindly to you changing it over. I'm sure mine has DIP switches rather than jumpers, and they changed it from 3.6 to 7kW over the internet once my main fuse had been upgraded to 100A.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a 7Kw Pod Point and at risk of going slightly OT would love to see Pod Point come up with some kind of Zappi-type control over how the Pod integrates with solar PV. I also don't think I'd mess with my Pod though!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How old is that Pod Point? Is it connected via your WiFi to Pod Point HQ? In which case I don't think they would take kindly to you changing it over. I'm sure mine has DIP switches rather than jumpers, and they changed it from 3.6 to 7kW over the internet once my main fuse had been upgraded to 100A.
Its just over 1 year old, no wifi in it but it has got a sim card which i guess they use for usage logging ..

The installer showed me where to put the jumper on to go to 6kw, as it was originally fitted as 3.6kw because my garage feed cable was too thin , which i had upgraded at a later date..

·
Vendor
9 Posts
Hi

Sorry to gate crash this thread.
I’m very interested in how users want the integration of their EV home charger and solar panels to work..
I’m now working with my team on V2 of the Andersen Konnect smart charging system. Before we implement a solution we would like to understand how users what a solar EV charging solution to work

The Andersen Konnect hardware includes an energy monitor. This enables full dynamic control of charge power and pull from the source network
I would really appreciate people sharing ideas or info on their current setups

Many Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Well, I'm afraid you have gate crashed the wrong thread. There is nothing about solar panels in this one. A lot of EV users (probably the majority) don't have solar panels anyway. It might make more sense to start your own.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, I'm afraid you have gate crashed the wrong thread. There is nothing about solar panels in this one. A lot of EV users (probably the majority) don't have solar panels anyway. It might make more sense to start your own.
? Did you actually read the first post?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi

Sorry to gate crash this thread.
I’m very interested in how users want the integration of their EV home charger and solar panels to work..
I’m now working with my team on V2 of the Andersen Konnect smart charging system. Before we implement a solution we would like to understand how users what a solar EV charging solution to work

The Andersen Konnect hardware includes an energy monitor. This enables full dynamic control of charge power and pull from the source network
I would really appreciate people sharing ideas or info on their current setups

Many Thanks

Dave
We have a 4kWh solar system and a 3.3kWh podpoint charger. The inverter is just a standard non storage grid tied. As with Gavin Taylor some ability to switch charge down or off would be usfull. Even the ability to let the PV output initiate Charing would be good. Probably not possible with the equipment we have but nothing ventured.....

·
Registered
847 Posts
current settings

Text Font Line Number Square

Reactions: Old Mosher

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 87241

This is inside my pod point charger , i know the jumper on the green pins sets the current , it is set to 7kw in the photo, if removed its 3.6kw , does anyone know what other levels are avilable ? im having solar panels fitted next week and would like to put a switch in for lower level when its sunny .
Hi Gavin

I don't suppose you have a photo of the entire PCB do you ? I wouldn't mind comparing it with mine.

Regards

Carl

·
Registered
4 Posts
With these OLD style podpoint chargers, what else can we do apart from change from 3.3 to 7.6? What do the other jumper connections do?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
With these OLD style podpoint chargers, what else can we do apart from change from 3.3 to 7.6? What do the other jumper connections do?
Nothing as far as I know. I tried putting the jumper on them, but it only made a difference in the position shown.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts