Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 Life
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had a good old look around the existing threads and can’t find any information regarding the running of the cable for the energy monitor CT. I know you can get EV specific cable now with an integral screened pair but I can‘t imagine that’s something they would install as standard.

I have no problem with the external power cable, be it SWA or whatever the non armoured stuff is called being clipped to the wall as done well it looks fine but having a secondary comms cable cleated next to it is going to start to look less good, worse still if it’s cabled tied to the power.

I know the Zappi has a wireless option but as I don’t have solar and don’t really have the roof space to make it something we’d liable to invest in, I don’t see the need for the extra premium on a unit I’m not taking full advantage of.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I’ve had a good old look around the existing threads and can’t find any information regarding the running of the cable for the energy monitor CT. I know you can get EV specific cable now with an integral screened pair but I can‘t imagine that’s something they would install as standard.

I have no problem with the external power cable, be it SWA or whatever the non armoured stuff is called being clipped to the wall as done well it looks fine but having a secondary comms cable cleated next to it is going to start to look less good, worse still if it’s cabled tied to the power.

I know the Zappi has a wireless option but as I don’t have solar and don’t really have the roof space to make it something we’d liable to invest in, I don’t see the need for the extra premium on a unit I’m not taking full advantage of.
They normally use 2 core shielded and usually put it in the same clete as your hituff.

It is as standard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts