Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a tiny shout out to WEBA Electrical, the contractors who fit Pod Points in the darker parts of Wessex.

Professional, friendly, tidy, did a very neat job. My messy meter cupboard didn't phase them, and tests were done to ensure earthing was satisfactory. Turns out it wasn't on first sight but tested ok. Then some further investigation showed proper up-to-code earthing in a recently built and powered outbuilding, so they were happy it met requirements.

Barely a spot of dust in my kitchen where it was all fitted and drilled through to the outside.

Took 2 hours, was told I may not get the full 7kw for a couple of days, but plugged in a little later, and got it.

I couldn't be happier. Pod Point have chosen a good partner for this 'ere neck of the woods.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just a tiny shout out to WEBA Electrical, the contractors who fit Pod Points in the darker parts of Wessex.

Professional, friendly, tidy, did a very neat job. My messy meter cupboard didn't phase them, and tests were done to ensure earthing was satisfactory. Turns out it wasn't on first sight but tested ok. Then some further investigation showed proper up-to-code earthing in a recently built and powered outbuilding, so they were happy it met requirements.

Barely a spot of dust in my kitchen where it was all fitted and drilled through to the outside.

Took 2 hours, was told I may not get the full 7kw for a couple of days, but plugged in a little later, and got it.

I couldn't be happier. Pod Point have chosen a good partner for this 'ere neck of the woods.
why would you not get the full power for a couple of days?
I did one yesterday, started at 8am and was done by 4. Admittedly I had a lunch break and wallbox are a bugger to get the cables in, plus the client wasn’t tech savvy so had to pretty much set it up for them on their phone. 2 hours is incredible!

·
Registered
13 Posts
why would you not get the full power for a couple of days?
I did one yesterday, started at 8am and was done by 4. Admittedly I had a lunch break and wallbox are a bugger to get the cables in, plus the client wasn’t tech savvy so had to pretty much set it up for them on their phone. 2 hours is incredible!
Hiya, I was told it was possible I might not get full power for a couple of days - something to do with things registering and ... well, I must admit I had two dogs pulling me to go on their lunchtime walk so I wasn't paying much attention :)
I think the speed was to do with a giant hole already being in the kitchen wall out to the car port, and the "fuse box" being in such a mess it was a case of throw another box on the wall and wire it into some existing box coming straight from the meter (made from bakerlite). It didn't (and doesn't) have to look pretty.
Plus it was two guys.
I'm trying to make you not feel bad... 🎅

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
It's definitely quicker with two people, for sure. I've done a simple one on my own (a replacement of a completely crap installation, including a replacement cable, connection box and charge point) in a bit over 3 hours. I'd guess most installations usually take between half and a full day, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts