Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just charged for about an hour on Cora-Jill in Tesco, Pontypridd I was wondering why it was named as such. They all seem to have odd names which is useful when using them but there must be some method to the naming. Google is not my friend and doesn't want to help with it. Anyone know?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Having just charged for about an hour on Cora-Jill in Tesco, Pontypridd I was wondering why it was named as such. They all seem to have odd names which is useful when using them but there must be some method to the naming. Google is not my friend and doesn't want to help with it. Anyone know?
I mean the pod point charging network. I've only used them in various Tesco cap parks.

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
178 Posts
The combination is unique. They’ve chosen the naming system because it‘s much easier to tell them over the phone than a long number apparently.

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
981 Posts
It's all just 2 different randomly generated 4 letter names in a unique combination. People remember names more than numbers and it helps their support staff to locate a charger easily if a problem is reported.

There's no reasoning to why a certain point gets a certain name. They are all random.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
805 Posts
They all seem to have odd names which is useful when using them but there must be some method to the naming. Google is not my friend and doesn't want to help with it. Anyone know?
It's easier to identify a name than a number. It's the same principle as What Three Words.

Ironically your username sounds like something a PodPoint charger would be called. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts

It was covered in a Fully Charged episode a few years ago.

Makes it easier identifying which charger you're plugging in to when there's a row of them in a car park.

·
Registered
Ioniq
663 Posts
There's a charger we've used a couple of times that has the names of the two children of a sibling of mine, which is kinda neat in a totally underwhelming kind of a way.

Did they name their kids after a car charger? Even though they don't have an EV? Who knows... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts