Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Peugeot e2008 GT in Orange Fusion on order, Due for delivery early January 2022.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PP tethered Solo installed yesterday, FOC courtesy of Motability for home charging of new Motability Peugeot e2008 GT. Car to be collected tomorrow afternoon 馃榾
Plant Window Fixture Building Brick

PP App downloaded successfully this evening.
Starter for 10 question.. Which charging schedule is the better to use, PP's or Peugeot's, assuming there is a choice?

Registered
Peugeot e2008 GT in Orange Fusion on order, Due for delivery early January 2022.
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Collected my 'better-half's' Motability Peugeot e2008 GT today.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Loads of tech info to study over the next week or so.
To start with, owing to the high risk of criminals stealing 'keyless-entry' cars, I have just ordered 2 'Faraday' Pouches i.e. 'Defender Signal Blocking Pouches' at 拢5.99 each from Amazon. Better safe than sorry.
However my existing STOPLOCK brand steering wheel immobilizer does not fit the small steering wheel so can anyone recommend a suitable alternative product?.

Registered
Peugeot e-208
PP App downloaded successfully this evening.
Starter for 10 question.. Which charging schedule is the better to use, PP's or Peugeot's, assuming there is a choice?
Hi.

Personally I have stuck to using PodPoint鈥檚 scheduling and have had no issues doing so. I do not have great confidence in the Peugeot app, so haven鈥檛 actually tried it yet!

My understanding is people run in to trouble when trying to use both in combination, so may be wise to just stick with one or the other!

Registered
To start with, owing to the high risk of criminals stealing 'keyless-entry' cars, I have just ordered 2 'Faraday' Pouches i.e. 'Defender Signal Blocking Pouches' at 拢5.99 each from Amazon.
Bare in mind these pouches have a limited life, after a year I can now get in the car and drive off without taking the key out of the pouch, the wifes one which is used less is still ok!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bare in mind these pouches have a limited life, after a year I can now get in the car and drive off without taking the key out of the pouch, the wifes one which is used less is still ok!
The pouch I've chosen was top of the list of several brands tested by a 'Auto Express' magazine review.(y)
Just got to check for reviews of steering wheel immobilizers before I'm fully relaxed:sleep: then I'll be:cool: and can take my time playing with the infotainment screen and i-cockpit options. I have already picked up some useful tips on the Peugeot e-2008 forum.:geek:

Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
I got a Faraday box (thanks to someone else on this forum for link) on eBay for 拢12.98. I hope this will last better than a pouch, as the lining doesn't get moved around so shouldn't wear out. It will hold 2 or 3 keys.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We use the podpoint schedule on our peugot, no issues.

Is that a red light on the podpoint? 馃
Thanks for your obsevation alert.
Yes, red light ON awaiting remote activation which was delayed until I sent photo of water pipework electrical bonding work. It was completed later that day so PP activated the following morning. Blue now displayed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PodPoint: First Test of Home Charger.
Having driven 72 miles, mixed local and motorway driving up to yesterday afternoon, the car's i-cockpit data showed 91 miles left from initial ffull battery range of 205 miles. 163 miles of battery capacity displayed.

CHARGING PERIOD 1: I set the Pod-Point's App schedule to charger for 2 hours as, being a trial run, I was interested in assessing the performance of the app, charging data and cost of my Octopus's electricty consumption and cost etc.
After the 2 hr charge, the mileage capacity rose 60 miles from 91 to 151miles using 15kW at 19.95p/kWh = 拢2.99. Fig confirmed on the App screen

CHARGING PERIOD 2: A further 2h 45m scheduled. Mileage capacity rose further 55 miles from 151 to 201 using 11kW at 19.95p/kWh = 拢2.19. App data registered.

MILES/kWh:
72 miles, 26 kW loaded = 2.77. Seams very low! but early days yet as I get used to the necessary driving techniques for driving an automatic for the first time in 52 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts