Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Finally! Thanks for the heads up, I've set this up in line with my Go Faster tariff & will see how it goes. Typically, just charged last night so won't need to again until the weekend.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works :)

I did a single 15-minute test, it started 4 minutes late and stopped 2 minutes late - the full charge rate, no trickle - all confirmed with the IHD of my smart meter.

I do have a charging location set in the car (which you have to have with the ID.3), but no preferred time or departure times configured - so the car was at the mercy of the charger.

The one quirk I noticed is in the Stats part of the app - it shows the start and end times for when I plugged in and unplugged rather than just the actual charge window.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Ooo, I may allow my pod-point access to the internet now.
I might as well.

If your router has the ability to create wireless VLAN with separate SSID and different rules then its worth setting up an SSID for IoT devices like this that only need internet access. Basically separate them from your personal LAN so that they can't be used as an attack vector.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,168 Posts
I did notice one thing during beta testing the PodPoint timed charging with the Corsa-e... if it was charging on schedule and you checked the battery state using the app and tried to change a schedule for pre-heating, for example, it would interrupt the charge, the app would say the car is now on deferred charge.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I did notice one thing during beta testing the PodPoint timed charging with the Corsa-e... if it was charging on schedule and you checked the battery state using the app and tried to change a schedule for pre-heating, for example, it would interrupt the charge, the app would say the car is now on deferred charge.
But the vauxhall app is rubbish and should be ignored

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,168 Posts
Why would you not just leave it up to the scheduled charge time set up in the car? I have mine set to 0030-0430 for Octopus Go cheap rate. Then just plug in when I need an overnight charge.
The Corsa-e and the Peugeot e-208/2008 only have an ON schedule. You can't schedule the car to witch off charging or set a charge limit. The app allows you to set the start and end schedule of the charge.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
The Corsa-e and the Peugeot e-208/2008 only have an ON schedule. You can't schedule the car to witch off charging or set a charge limit. The app allows you to set the start and end schedule of the charge.
Glad the Leaf has a decent charge timer then. That sounds pretty useless.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
It’s not that bloody useless! With that attitude I could say that at least I can schedule a start time for a charge and I could pick holes in the fact that you own car with a BetaMax Chademo that can’t charge at up to 100kW. :rolleyes:
Charming! Whatever else your marvellous vehicle can do, it can't take advantage of a timed cheap rate.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
It can tho? It does deffered start times just can't be told to finish

However podpoint app can so it's not an issue now.
My point is that if, say, you have Octopus Go with cheap rate 0030 - 0430, you can't tell it to stop at 0430. Anyway, as you say - moot point now with Podpoint app.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf Tekna
22 Posts
Have tried the scheduler and it's a game changer with my Leaf, which doesn't understand that remote climate means climate only, not full blown charging at the same time.

I've disabled timer on Leaf, and just use the schedule on the Podpoint app. Works like a charm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts