Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find on the forum that "POD Point is going PAYG - no more memberships, no restrictions, just charge when you need to, where you need to"

It is a mobile phone based system - no RFID tags :)
See http://www.pod-point.com/markets/public ... e-network/

However, it doesn't seem to be live for registrations yet - I will call them tomorrow and check status. They are planning apps for iPhone and Android. They also say they will let other suppliers use their solution....

EDIT: "We expect to have 750 charge points across the uk enabled by the end of 2012. And 5,000 charge points on the PPN by the end of 2013." I wonder who those 5,000 will come from?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have seen so many statements of intent on what these charging point operators are going to do that it just washes over me now. I am not saying they won't do it but it is very easy to make a PR announcement quoting numbers... I have yet to see any of the operators actually install anything like the numbers they say they will install.

If they do it then it will be great but these announcements have been made before by so many and not fulfilled... we will see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts