Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shall be testing this later...

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour, Stonewashed Blue
49 Posts
I shall be testing this later...

Just tried it on my own Id.3 - and it basically seems to work :):

Starting with the ID.3 having the charging cable plugged in long enough before the set charge time on the Pod Point so that the port on the car had no light showing on it, the car "woke up" 4 minutes after the set time and started charging normally at full speed. I'd set a short 30 minute charge slot on the Pod Point, and that stopped the charging after the allotted period (or, at least, within 5 minutes of the set end-of-charge time).

I also set another slot 15 minutes later (and without touching the car or Pod Point in between) and the Pod Point woke the car up again and charged it again for that slot.

The caveat is that on my first attempt it didn't work. The difference on the second attempt was that I'd deleted the Location for my home as a charging location on the car to see if that was the cause, even though there wasn't previously anything set in the schedule for the location. I see that the Pod Point help in the app mentions that no schedule should be set on the car. I might try putting the location back in again to see if that stops it working (though I might not risk breaking it now that it's working!).

My car is a Tour, with software version 2.1 installed.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tried it on my own Id.3 - and it basically seems to work :):

Starting with the ID.3 having the charging cable plugged in long enough before the set charge time on the Pod Point so that the port on the car had no light showing on it, the car "woke up" 4 minutes after the set time and started charging normally at full speed. I'd set a short 30 minute charge slot on the Pod Point, and that stopped the charging after the allotted period (or, at least, within 5 minutes of the set end-of-charge time).

I also set another slot 15 minutes later (and without touching the car or Pod Point in between) and the Pod Point woke the car up again and charged it again for that slot.

The caveat is that on my first attempt it didn't work. The difference on the second attempt was that I'd deleted the Location for my home as a charging location on the car to see if that was the cause, even though there wasn't previously anything set in the schedule for the location. I see that the Pod Point help in the app mentions that no schedule should be set on the car. I might try putting the location back in again to see if that stops it working (though I might not risk breaking it now that it's working!).

My car is a Tour, with software version 2.1 installed.
I did a single 15-minute test, it started 4 minutes late and stopped 2 minutes late - but yes the full charge rate, no trickle - all confirmed with the IHD of my smart meter.

I do have a location set in the car, but no schedule.

The one quirk I noticed is in the Stats part of the app - it shows the start and end times for when I plugged in and unplugged rather than just the actual charge window.

Reactions: Neil999

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did a single 15-minute test, it started 4 minutes late and stopped 2 minutes late - but yes the full charge rate, no trickle - all confirmed with the IHD of my smart meter.

I do have a location set in the car, but no schedule.

The one quirk I noticed is in the Stats part of the app - it shows the start and end times for when I plugged in and unplugged rather than just the actual charge window.
It's nice to have this working. I'd tried previously scheduling on the car through the Location, but that only achieved a slow trickle charge when it activated for some reason, adding less than 5 miles per hour instead of the full 27 miles per hour I usually get through the Pod Point.

[Edit to correct to "miles per hour"]

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well that worked. (y)

Only issue was that I had to remember to press the button by the car charge point, to get the Blue Flashing light, then I knew scheduled charging was active.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, I've got this set up now... Does anyone know how to 'override' the schedule to start charging immediately, rather than waiting until e.g. 00:30?

·
Registered
49 Posts
This worked for me: If you go to Manage Schedule for the current day before plugging in and use the slider to make the set schedule inactive for the day, then the charge starts as soon as you plug the car in.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,131 Posts
This worked for me: If you go to Manage Schedule for the current day before plugging in and use the slider to make the set schedule inactive for the day, then the charge starts as soon as you plug the car in.
In theory, that would only work if you have no other schedules set and active. To make the PodPoint available to charge as soon as plugging in, there should be no other schedules “active”.

You can tell if there are any other schedules active guy looking at the app as it will tell you when the next schedule is set or look at the light in the PodPoint when unplugged as it should be blue with occasional magenta flashes. If it is a light green (not the very solid green when charging) it is in “scheduled mode” and won’t charge until the next schedule or you deactivate the next scheduled charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts