Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pod point installed my solo charger in the morning, then in the afternoon I entered the PSL number in to my phone app. The app said an email will be sent to confirm my email address. The address shown was mostly starred out but I could see the first and last letter of the email address which is not my email address. I was not prompted at any point to enter my email address. I never received any email to confirm because I can only assume another person email is linked to my new installed unit.
Can anyone advise how this happened and how to fix this please? Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can you not enter your correct email address into the app? Go to My Account then Settings/Account. Is the 'starred out' address that you see perhaps just a dummy address to show you where to type your own address in? On my copy of the app, my address is shown in full, not starred out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you not enter your correct email address into the app? Go to My Account then Settings/Account. Is the 'starred out' address that you see perhaps just a dummy address to show you where to type your own address in? On my copy of the app, my address is shown in full, not starred out.
Gary, Thanks for your suggestion. I managed to sort this out yesterday. The unit was already registered to a different email account, plus the CSV report generated also shows the unit was registered at a different address!

I had to call up pod point to get this resolved. They reassigned my email address to the installed point and changed the address. They was not sure how this happened.

Thanks

·
Registered
Kona64
1,437 Posts
Gary, Thanks for your suggestion. I managed to sort this out yesterday. The unit was already registered to a different email account, plus the CSV report generated also shows the unit was registered at a different address!

I had to call up pod point to get this resolved. They reassigned my email address to the installed point and changed the address. They was not sure how this happened.

Thanks
Out of interest is your unit feeding out 7kw since your registration completed ?
Mine seems to be stuck in the pre registration low power mode, giving only 6.6 ( tried a second vehicle, same), regardless of time of dat, SOC% etc.
I'm awaiting further pd from pod point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Out of interest is your unit feeding out 7kw since your registration completed ?
Mine seems to be stuck in the pre registration low power mode, giving only 6.6 ( tried a second vehicle, same), regardless of time of dat, SOC% etc.
Hi,
Sorry I'm not able to confirm. My car is a Phev and it's
Hi,
Sorry I'm not able to confirm. My pod point is the 7kw charger but my car is a PHEV and the max charge rate limited by the car is 3.7kwh.

I know the pod point solo charger have a sensor that measure the house electric demand and adjust the charge rate accordingly to not overload the mains electricity. Could it be this that is causing the unit is not sending the max 7kwh? Or the power load sensor faulty?

·
Registered
Kona64
1,437 Posts
Thanks, I had a PHEV before my Kona, you'll be pulled to the fully dark side soon ..... o:)

I have checked my unit at various times of day, and household utilisation, always exactly the same result.
I wonder if it is the power load sensor as PodPoint insist they have registered it correctly, thank you for that suggestion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I had a PHEV before my Kona, you'll be pulled to the fully dark side soon ..... o:)

I have checked my unit at various times of day, and household utilisation, always exactly the same result.
I wonder if it is the power load sensor as PodPoint insist they have registered it correctly, thank you for that suggestion.
You make me wonder if my pod point will do the same once I move up to a full EV:unsure:

I've had issues with the installation where my unit was initially assigned to a different person email address and different physical address. This has been resolved. I'm wondering have I got someone else's unit where it's a 3.7kw unit instead of a 7kw is what I purchased!

Also would be interesting if indeed my unit will only output 6kwh🤔

1 - 7 of 7 Posts