Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a home charger installed for free when I bought a gen 1 Nissan Leaf. I have now put a deposit on a BMW i3s. I am not even sure of the specs of the charger. I guess a new tethered 5M type 2 lead will get me back up and running for the i3? I will need to reconnect to my WiFi. Is this done via a phone app? My charger has been turned off at the breaker for a while.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The lead can be swappped for a Type 2. If it's a relatively thin tether lead then its currently set to 3kW... There are dip switches inside to change it to 7kW but then you'd also need to make sure the supply is upto it.

When you turn the unit back on it should show up on your list of wifi networks. Connect then browse to it's ip address and put your wifi details in.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,098 Posts
The lead can be swappped for a Type 2. If it's a relatively thin tether lead then its currently set to 3kW... There are dip switches inside to change it to 7kW but then you'd also need to make sure the supply is upto it.

When you turn the unit back on it should show up on your list of wifi networks. Connect then browse to it's ip address and put your wifi details in.
Not all PodPoints contain the dip switches to "uprate" to 32A, and as above you would need a Sparky to check and approve the MCB and wiring before doing so. In the short term simplest to stick to the original 3.7kW charging unless you really need the higher rate.

If you want to RTFM here is the manual for connecting to the App:

https://d3h256n3bzippp.cloudfront.net/DSCG-UK-CB-2-Solo-Smart-Charger-Connection-Guide-CS.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts