Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pod point now have timed charging and the ID3 can set departure times. Has anyone managed to make either of these work? I understand the id3 logic of departure times etc but it just seems to charge at a lower rate rather than a few hours before the departure time. We want to make the most of a reduced tariff at night on Octopus Agile at set times.

Pod point timed charging allows you to set the charging times. With all departure times off in the id3 though, it’s never worked. Any ideas?

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
302 Posts
I tested the PodPoint scheduled charging the first day they added it to their app, it worked first time.

Disable all the preferred times and departure times on the car, then set whatever schedule you want in the PodPoint app.

It seems to work on a daily basis though, so if you ONLY set a schedule for say Monday at 00:30-04:30 (for Octopus Go) then plug the car in on Sunday it will charge immediately because that day has no schedule. It will also refuse to charge if you plugged the car in at 8am on Monday as it is outside of the schedule window.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried the Pod Point timed charging earlier this week, and it worked perfectly. It actually started 4 minutes after the set start time and stopped when the car reached 80% (as set in the car), which was before the Pod Point finish time. I had previously deleted all charging locations from the car.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
527 Posts
I tested the PodPoint scheduled charging the first day they added it to their app, it worked first time.

Disable all the preferred times and departure times on the car, then set whatever schedule you want in the PodPoint app.

It seems to work on a daily basis though, so if you ONLY set a schedule for say Monday at 00:30-04:30 (for Octopus Go) then plug the car in on Sunday it will charge immediately because that day has no schedule. It will also refuse to charge if you plugged the car in at 8am on Monday as it is outside of the schedule window.
You will know when the PodPoint has actually scheduled a charge because the light goes a kind of pale green (not the solid green that it goes when charging). The app should tell you when the next scheduled charge is set. If the PodPoint has received the schedule (the actual schedule is stored on the PodPoint servers hence the need for good wifi connection) the light will change from the usual blue/flashing magenta to the pale green and as long as your car has no conflicting schedules, you should, in theory, be able to plug it in and it will not charge until the PodPoint schedule is reached.

If the schedule has not been received by the PodPoint servers or the PodPoint Solo hasn't received the signal to "stand by" from the servers, the light on the PodPoint will not be pale green but either blue/magenta if unplugged or solid green if plugged in and charging has started.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I set up the timers for every day on the first day it went live on the PodPoint app, and have charged 3 or 4 times so far with no issues at all. I deleted the location from my car completely & have it set to max 80%.

It just works, exactly how you would expect it to. Having seen some of the posts from other people with "smart" chargers I was prepared for some issues, but it has been flawless so far. My timers are set for my Go Faster rate 20:30-01:30 & I plugged my car in at 11am yesterday. It just sat there all day & started to charge with no issues at all at 20:30. Quite refreshing after all the messing around with the over-complicated car software setup (which only worked when it felt like it).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts