Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my pod point installed for just over a month now and recently the pod point trips out (turns red) after about 1 minute of being connected. I’ve reset at the junction box but it still keeps happening. I also noticed that when I unplugged the car (Vauxhall Corsa-e) the pod point light went back to blue. Is this an issue with the pod point or the car? I can’t seem to find any info on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
991 Posts
Sounds like you may have a problem with the PodPoint rather than the car. If the voltage drops to the PodPoint below a minimum level, it will trip out and turn the light red. I had this problem initially with my PodPoint a year ago and it was due to PodPoint fitting the wrong sized c SWA cable from my meter. Given that it was an extra-long run (over 75m) together with an already low end voltage supply to the property, the voltage was dropping below the threshold after charging for a few minutes.

They had to eventually come back and replace all the cabling but in the meantime, they derated from 32Amp to 16Amp which meant that I could still use the PodPoint but at 3.5kW max until they replaced the wrong cable.

Definitely get in touch with them but don't hold your breath for a speedy response.

The podPoint light will be blue when connected to WiFi and no schedule is set. White if it has lost WiFi connection. Pale green if a schedule is set. Full green when charging ad red when it has failed a charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you may have a problem with the PodPoint rather than the car. If the voltage drops to the PodPoint below a minimum level, it will trip out and turn the light red. I had this problem initially with my PodPoint a year ago and it was due to PodPoint fitting the wrong sized c SWA cable from my meter. Given that it was an extra-long run (over 75m) together with an already low end voltage supply to the property, the voltage was dropping below the threshold after charging for a few minutes.

They had to eventually come back and replace all the cabling but in the meantime, they derated from 32Amp to 16Amp which meant that I could still use the PodPoint but at 3.5kW max until they replaced the wrong cable.

Definitely get in touch with them but don't hold your breath for a speedy response.

The podPoint light will be blue when connected to WiFi and no schedule is set. White if it has lost WiFi connection. Pale green if a schedule is set. Full green when charging ad red when it has failed a charge.
Thanks for that. My cabling is also longer than normal (25 metre) so could be the issue. Bit annoying as they knew cable distance before they came to install. You‘d have thought they would think of these thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
recently the pod point trips out (turns red) after about 1 minute of being connected.
Did they also fit a clamp meter (thin cable into the main fuse box)? Check it is still attached; mine wouldn't stay clamped onto the cable and caused a similar scenario. If you can get through to their support and your unit is connected to your WiFi, they can see near real time logs of what is causing it to stop charging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts