Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,as I’m patiently waiting for my e-golf I decided to go ahead and order a socket to charge the car.I went with Pod point cause it was recommended by Volkswagen.I contacted them,put my order through and filled in the forms.Naturally since I lived in Northern Ireland I didn’t have a MPAN number instead is a MPRN number.I emailed them as requested with the number.
A few days later i contacted them to find out have I filled all the paperwork correctly,since I haven’t heard a word and they said the person dealing with it is off.Okay fair enough I thought,but they said someone from their team will contact me.Waited a few days and no word.
To be honest,very quick at taking the money and so far not very helpful.I don’t like having to chase up things.Updates or confirming stuff only takes 2 mins.
Could anyone who has dealt with pod point tell me wat they are like?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
In England, MPAN relates solely to your electricity supply and MPRN is related solely to gas. One wonders how intelligent life forms, in a Union of Nations, can come up with the same acronym for gas in one country and electricity in another. Sorry, I cannot answer your question.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I had a Pod Point recently installed. Sales folk were very friendly but once paid money I had to keep chasing to get it installed. The admin / installation team don’t come across as the most efficient. They use subcontractors to install and I asked if the guy doing mine could call in advance. Fortunately for both of us he did. It turned out Pod folk had not passed on the helpful photos I had sent them. So I sent them direct to the installer who could then see in advance what was involved. He turned up and it was a two hour relatively straightforward job. However, he does have to travel all over the country to install and I wonder if they have sufficient installers to meet demand?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi everyone,as I’m patiently waiting for my e-golf I decided to go ahead and order a socket to charge the car.I went with Pod point cause it was recommended by Volkswagen.I contacted them,put my order through and filled in the forms.Naturally since I lived in Northern Ireland I didn’t have a MPAN number instead is a MPRN number.I emailed them as requested with the number.
A few days later i contacted them to find out have I filled all the paperwork correctly,since I haven’t heard a word and they said the person dealing with it is off.Okay fair enough I thought,but they said someone from their team will contact me.Waited a few days and no word.
To be honest,very quick at taking the money and so far not very helpful.I don’t like having to chase up things.Updates or confirming stuff only takes 2 mins.
Could anyone who has dealt with pod point tell me wat they are like?
Hi @charlieboyoo ,

I had a Podpoint charger fitted at the begining of June. I found emailing stuff to Podpoint to be a bit random, and marked them down on this on their feedback. However, the installation itself was superb in spite of the fact that it rained all day! The engineer put his waterproofs on and just got on with it. He ws very friendly and answered all the questions I had.

The Podpoint installation also included a current clamp monitor, which allows the charger to reduce the cars charge rate if your domestic usage and car charging combined would draw too much current for your supply.

The Podpoint app, which gathers charging statistics (if you've connected the Podpoint to your WiFi) seems to have a problem for me. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this?, but not all of my charging sessions are showing in the app. This makes the app next to useless if you are trying to monitor your charging usage!

I've had an open ticket out on this issue for over a week now, and still haven't had a reply other than the auto response saying that they are very busy.

So at the moment the jury's out regarding Podpoint customer services, but as a charge point it works and the installation was good, tidy, and proffesional.

Hope this helps

John.

EDIT - Just seen StEVG's post and would like to add that the engineer who installed mine was a podpoint engineer and not a subby.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi @charlieboyoo ,

I had a Podpoint charger fitted at the begining of June. I found emailing stuff to Podpoint to be a bit random, and marked them down on this on their feedback. However, the installation itself was superb in spite of the fact that it rained all day! The engineer put his waterproofs on and just got on with it. He ws very friendly and answered all the questions I had.

The Podpoint installation also included a current clamp monitor, which allows the charger to reduce the cars charge rate if your domestic usage and car charging combined would draw too much current for your supply.

The Podpoint app, which gathers charging statistics (if you've connected the Podpoint to your WiFi) seems to have a problem for me. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this?, but not all of my charging sessions are showing in the app. This makes the app next to useless if you are trying to monitor your charging usage!

I've had an open ticket out on this issue for over a week now, and still haven't had a reply other than the auto response saying that they are very busy.

So at the moment the jury's out regarding Podpoint customer services, but as a charge point it works and the installation was good, tidy, and proffesional.

Hope this helps

John.

EDIT - Just seen StEVG's post and would like to add that the engineer who installed mine was a podpoint engineer and not a subby.
Thanks that’s good to hear.Yeah I have noticed speaking to them can be a nightmare to get through to.But very polite.Just wish they where better organised lol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a Pod Point recently installed. Sales folk were very friendly but once paid money I had to keep chasing to get it installed. The admin / installation team don’t come across as the most efficient. They use subcontractors to install and I asked if the guy doing mine could call in advance. Fortunately for both of us he did. It turned out Pod folk had not passed on the helpful photos I had sent them. So I sent them direct to the installer who could then see in advance what was involved. He turned up and it was a two hour relatively straightforward job. However, he does have to travel all over the country to install and I wonder if they have sufficient installers to meet demand?
I was checking there reviews out.Most are positive like but then you have the ones you where people had to chase them up.They would need to get their finger out to be fair.its bad management.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had a very good experience all round with PP but that was 2 years ago so maybe standards have slipped a bit. My Pod has worked faultlessly since it was installed but the app and monthly reports leave something to be desired.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have to ay that I had no problem with my PodPoint installation a couple of months ago, In fact when I ordered it they said, could they come the next day! That wasn't practical, but when their engineer did come he made a good tidy job, given that other installers had wanted a lot of extra money to do our installation. With PodPoint it came within the standard install. Also the guy that did it was working for PodPoint. His next call was to repair a public charger in a nearby town.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Contacted them on the phone as mine is a non standard install, they contacted me by email with details they required, replied with everything, nothing back, chased back, nothing again. Since then I've seen some pretty bad horror stories online and some install videos on youtube to (one where the managed to bypass the electric meter altogether!). The reviews when you google aren't great either, and there is also a number of sparkys saying they should have a earth rod, but they say they don't need one.. Either way since they won't reply to me, sounds like they don't want my business, but not the right way to go about it, after doing my research now I don't think I would want them anyway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Support can be a bit slow. I had my Podpoint installed at the beginning of June but the charging sessions where not appearing in the app. Took over a month to have that add sorted. It seems the hurdle is to get past the support team that just reads from a list. Once I had contact with an actual engineer the problem was resolved quickly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Contacted them on the phone as mine is a non standard install, they contacted me by email with details they required, replied with everything, nothing back, chased back, nothing again. Since then I've seen some pretty bad horror stories online and some install videos on youtube to (one where the managed to bypass the electric meter altogether!). The reviews when you google aren't great either, and there is also a number of sparkys saying they should have a earth rod, but they say they don't need one.. Either way since they won't reply to me, sounds like they don't want my business, but not the right way to go about it, after doing my research now I don't think I would want them anyway.
I can understand wat your saying.I contacted them a few times yesterday and they kept saying aye someone will call you.I got a bit wound up and foned again.Then next excuse was she’s not at her desk.So I decided I was going to stick the nails into the coffin.Phoned up,aye keep an eye on your phone and emails.1/2 later I received an email saying the paperwork is dead on and someone will be in touch in to 5 working days to arrange install.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I can understand wat your saying.I contacted them a few times yesterday and they kept saying aye someone will call you.I got a bit wound up and foned again.Then next excuse was she’s not at her desk.So I decided I was going to stick the nails into the coffin.Phoned up,aye keep an eye on your phone and emails.1/2 later I received an email saying the paperwork is dead on and someone will be in touch in to 5 working days to arrange install.
Pretty poor, you shouldn't have to be chasing for there business, there are other installers out there, which seem to offer a better install, and actually want your custom. Like I said, after them not getting back to me I did a little bit of research online and there are some horror stories of bad installs they have done, if they got back to me I may have never done this research, they still haven't got back to me, so sounds like they don't want this job, and I don't want a company that doesn't get back to me or does unsafe installs, even if it was just to say they can't/won't do it. It also gives an insight into what after sales might be like.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol yeah totally agreed like.Im a spark so I know wat way I want the job done.from watching a video it’s really simple like.so if the spark is a ballon or incompetent I will b seeking a refund plus damages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Similar story with my fitting back in May. Podpoint seemed the only option suggested by Nissan. They happily took my money which i’d already paid through Nissan (refunded after some work on my part). Fitter was great once we got there, but it took an age to get there: constantly had to give the same information and many phone calls and emails. I think they can't cope with the increase of applications.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Similar story with my fitting back in May. Podpoint seemed the only option suggested by Nissan. They happily took my money which i’d already paid through Nissan (refunded after some work on my part). Fitter was great once we got there, but it took an age to get there: constantly had to give the same information and many phone calls and emails. I think they can't cope with the increase of applications.
Aye totally agree there.I phoned yesterday to find out when I’m getting it fitted and I got put through to a foreigner that the English wasn’t very good.I don’t think they can handle the amount of customers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can say nothing but good of the Podpoint install process. Ordered online. Received confirmation emails from sales and engineer promptly. Installed today, two weeks after ordering. Two installers (one was training) both Podpoint employees. Courteous, professional. Arrived bang on time with a text to let me know they were on the way. When he left the lead engineer said phone me direct if you have any issues.

I just need my e-Niro to arrive now!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can say nothing but good of the Podpoint install process. Ordered online. Received confirmation emails from sales and engineer promptly. Installed today, two weeks after ordering. Two installers (one was training) both Podpoint employees. Courteous, professional. Arrived bang on time with a text to let me know they were on the way. When he left the lead engineer said phone me direct if you have any issues.

I just need my e-Niro to arrive now!
Lucky you lol.Dont get me wrong they seem good but a bit slow at getting back to me.been waiting a few days to hear from the install team.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not having a great deal of luck with getting support from Pod Point.
My point really hates charging my Model 3. It randomly (and sometimes constantly) seems to crash, the light blinks yellow for about a minute, then charging starts again and then will either keep crashing, or maybe charge for a bit.
Doesn't seem to matter if I limit the charge rate.
Logged a support call with them on Thursday and have heard nothing yet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not having a great deal of luck with getting support from Pod Point.
My point really hates charging my Model 3. It randomly (and sometimes constantly) seems to crash, the light blinks yellow for about a minute, then charging starts again and then will either keep crashing, or maybe charge for a bit.
Doesn't seem to matter if I limit the charge rate.
Logged a support call with them on Thursday and have heard nothing yet.
I can well believe that.total joke in my opinion.quick to take the money slow to resolve issues

1 - 20 of 33 Posts