Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed a @POD Point order in January after all the pre-check photos were sent. I duly paid my £300 and waited, and waited. After chasing up a few weeks later, I was told that I needed Type A RCDs and to get my electrician to sort it. Several of you on here advised that this is something pod point should be doing. In any event, they eventually stated they would test the AC RCDs of my consumer unit (Axiom) in house to see if they were compatible. I have since sent an email requesting an update and several tweets to the company. I've been told numerous times in direct messages that the scheduling department, the team lead in the scheduling department, and also management would contact me regarding this, yet I'm still waiting. I'm beyond frustrated and bordering on cancelling my order and requesting an refund. Very disappointed so far. Could not recommend as things stand :cautious:

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is a little disappointing and certainly not anything like our experience. Order placed 31st January for Type 2, 7kW tethered. We were subsequently contacted by their sub-contractor on 5th February to arrange an appointment which happened to be last Tuesday, 18th February. A Hager type A RCBO was fitted by them within our Hager split load consumer unit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unless you haven’t got space or specifically don’t want it, why can’t @POD Point just fit a mini consumer unit with the appropriate RCD and MCB etc included? Then you don’t have to do anything to your existing consumer unit.

It’s even included as part of their standard installation cost if needed: “An additional three way consumer unit, if required.”

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea. Maybe @POD Point can pass comment on the above?

I'm at a loss why it's taken eight days thus far to (fail to) reply to an email asking if there was any update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep same experience.

15 Jan - Ordered and submitted all the required documentation
16 Jan - OLEV application confirmed complete, after that I completed the installation survey with photos etc.
24 Jan - Given install date of 06/02 between 11 and 3
5 Feb - Email stating the engineer was unwell and appt needs to be rescheduled to 21/02 between 8 and 11
21 Feb - No engineer, phoned pod point and after 15mins on hold I was told the eng has problem with tyres or somesuch and appt needs to rescheduled again to 28/02 between 8 and 12. Given carrot of a key lock being provided on the charger and credits for their public charging network.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've cancelled my order and obtained a refund. I've ordered a Qubev which I intend to install myself now. Any Qubev owners with any tips?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts