Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Vauxhall Corsa-e SE-Nav Voltaic Blue
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with the latest update of the PodPoint iOS app? I can’t make any adjustments to the charge schedule or even bring up the scroll wheels to try since it updated to 3.8.2 yesterday. Also this evening the charger failed to start in line with the existing schedule (LED stayed yellow 15 minutes past the programmed time) and I had to completely disable the schedule for today to get it going.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,033 Posts
Has anyone else had issues with the latest update of the PodPoint iOS app? I can’t make any adjustments to the charge schedule or even bring up the scroll wheels to try since it updated to 3.8.2 yesterday. Also this evening the charger failed to start in line with the existing schedule (LED stayed yellow 15 minutes past the programmed time) and I had to completely disable the schedule for today to get it going.
Quite often, the problem is at the PodPoint server end. The app is only really a gateway to their server for timing charges. A while back I had a problem with being unable to set a schedule as it kept telling me that I already had a schedule that was overlapping. In the end, I had to get PodPoint to delete all the schedules from their end, and then I could use the app again.

Interestingly, my app says it's on v3.8.1(951) even though it says v3.8.2 in the app store and I've tried deleting and reloading the app with the latest version but it still says v3.8.1 in the app itself.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,033 Posts
Also just noticed that the app doesn't respond to the schedule settings. I've reported it via the app but don't expect a response any time soon. Notoriously slow in responding to anything is PodPoint.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,033 Posts
Same, looks like our complaints were listened to for a change.
I don't think so. There's an arrogance in that they didn't even bother to announce the issue. I sent my complaint in via the app and asked about the problem. All I received in return, 24 hours later, was an email acknowledging there had been a problem but it was now fixed with to update the app.

Puts PodPoint on a par with PSA Group software developers... poor quality control and inept management or developers who don't fully test before release.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Pod-Point question.

I'm moving house but probably not moving in until late November.

When would you advise me paying?

Most companies have lots of loops to jump through and still say installation will be 6 weeks away.

Pod-Point's website goes straight to payment but I don't know when they're going to install it.

Basically what I want to know is how quick were they to install it for you, after you placed your order?

I would love it to be installed within my first week at the new house or as soon as possible at least, can't afford to move in and then wait a further 6 weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts