Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone got my Pod-Point charger fitted today.Got it connected to Wi-fi typed in the code now it’s got a blue light.Which apparently means it’s ready.
When I try to add it to the app it says
There’s a problem
We where unable to connect your unit.This could be due to having an old Pod-Point version.
Contacted support and now I’ve to wait for the technical team to contact me.
Anyone any ideas wat the issue is?Thanks

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Just a thought, have you set anything special in your router settings maybe? Usually you can login to it using a browser, and some URL along the lines of https://192.168.something-or-other, and you can block various ports etc etc. It might have an option/menu to show you what it can see on your lan.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a thought, have you set anything special in your router settings maybe? Usually you can login to it using a browser, and some URL along the lines of https://192.168.something-or-other, and you can block various ports etc etc. It might have an option/menu to show you what it can see on your lan.
Yeah I found it on the router.its hooked up to the router.Just can add it to the app for some reason.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi everyone got my Pod-Point charger fitted today.Got it connected to Wi-fi typed in the code now it’s got a blue light.Which apparently means it’s ready.
When I try to add it to the app it says
There’s a problem
We where unable to connect your unit.This could be due to having an old Pod-Point version.
Contacted support and now I’ve to wait for the technical team to contact me.
Anyone any ideas wat the issue is?Thanks View attachment 121797
How soon after the install did you try? I had to leave it twenty minutes or so. You could try switching it off and on again at the isolator.

·
Registered
257 Posts
There's a ten minute delay after you have connected to the Podpoint charger using WiFi direct to set up the connection to your router. (the Podpoint engineer reset mine from the circuit board so I could connect the app while he was still there). To get round the delay flip the breaker. This problem shouldn't be affecting you now, though.

If the charge point is connected to your router and talking to the Podpoint servers it should be showing a blue light which flips to purple every couple of seconds. If it's doing that then I would make absolutely sure you have the correct PSL number - it's on a label stuck to the underside of the unit.

Hope this helps

John.

Reactions: charlieboyoo

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a ten minute delay after you have connected to the Podpoint charger using WiFi direct to set up the connection to your router. (the Podpoint engineer reset mine from the circuit board so I could connect the app while he was still there). To get round the delay flip the breaker. This problem shouldn't be affecting you now, though.

If the charge point is connected to your router and talking to the Podpoint servers it should be showing a blue light which flips to purple every couple of seconds. If it's doing that then I would make absolutely sure you have the correct PSL number - it's on a label stuck to the underside of the unit.

Hope this helps

John.
Yeah it’s doing that ok.blue light and it changes purple every few seconds.i will wait and c wat happens.thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest I’m not sure what the hell is going on.Now it’s a solid purple light.reset it now it won’t connect to the Wi-fi.tell ya not very amused.the spark that fitted was no use.left his rubbish behind including his lunch and cups on the driveway.

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts
I assume you have attached document?

Mine was wired in (to replace Type 1 Chargemaster) by my sparky. I had same issue that I couldn't add to my account and contacted support who added. It took a few days - I think they are busy.

I am a bit disappointed there aren't any proper smart features yet. I have set Octopus Go rates and times so can see cost, but no other features yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
To be honest I’m not sure what the hell is going on.Now it’s a solid purple light.reset it now it won’t connect to the Wi-fi.tell ya not very amused.the spark that fitted was no use.left his rubbish behind including his lunch and cups on the driveway.
Hello @charlieboyoo ,

Sounds like your install was done by a subcontractor.

OK a couple of things to try, if this doesn't work you will have to call Podpoint service to get it resolved.

First flip the charge point breaker to off and wait a couple of minutes before powering back up.
Then power cycle your router.
Wait a couple of minutes to see if the charge point re establishes a connection (Blue light with purple flashes)
If it's showing a white light you'll have to re connect to it using your phone or tablet and put the WiFi settings back in as per the little user guide (don't forget, it can take the charge point up to 10 minutes to reset and connect - to avoid the wait flip the breaker to reset it immediately).

Still not working - time for a service call (use the 020 number on the back of the little guide).

John.

Reactions: charlieboyoo

·
Registered
565 Posts
Have you had an email saying they have linked your Pod-Point to your account? If not that may be the issue.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you had an email saying they have linked your Pod-Point to your account? If not that may be the issue.
Nope not yet.

Hello @charlieboyoo ,

Sounds like your install was done by a subcontractor.

OK a couple of things to try, if this doesn't work you will have to call Podpoint service to get it resolved.

First flip the charge point breaker to off and wait a couple of minutes before powering back up.
Then power cycle your router.
Wait a couple of minutes to see if the charge point re establishes a connection (Blue light with purple flashes)
If it's showing a white light you'll have to re connect to it using your phone or tablet and put the WiFi settings back in as per the little user guide (don't forget, it can take the charge point up to 10 minutes to reset and connect - to avoid the wait flip the breaker to reset it immediately).

Still not working - time for a service call (use the 020 number on the back of the little guide).

John.
Hi John,yes it was.Because I’m in Northern Ireland a subcontractor does it.He wasn’t very helpful.Yeah done that and it’s back to the blue light thankfully.

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts
Nope not yet.

Hi John,yes it was.Because I’m in Northern Ireland a subcontractor does it.He wasn’t very helpful.Yeah done that and it’s back to the blue light thankfully.
As I explained above support can add if you contact them. I did by email but you could call them - might be a wait on the lines though.

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts
Sorry something strange happened when trying to post it. But basically it should show an email coming from Pod-Point letting you know that your account has been linked up. It maybe that it won’t happen over the weekend?
If OP gets an error when trying to link to his account he won't get the email... He just needs to get in touch with them!

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts
Yes realise that but if all is ok you still need to get the email.
I did not get that email when support added mine. I suspect that only occurs if the installer does Wi-Fi provisioning, which my spark and presumably OP subcontractor couldn't do.

I note that several features require Wi-Fi provisioning such as the load sense. When we move I will probably pay Podpoint to reinstall and connect a load sense so we can (hopefully) have it set to 32A. It is currently downrated to 16A as we have a Polar 30A and a lot of underfloor electric heating.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts