Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry something strange happened when trying to post it. But basically it should show an email coming from Pod-Point letting you know that your account has been linked up. It maybe that it won’t happen over the weekend?
Possibly will see what happens on Monday if not il ring them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Possibly will see what happens on Monday if not il ring them
How did you get on? Did it work in the morning? I'm having an identical problem.
Podpoint is lit blue & flashing magenta, but I get the same error message when I try to connect to the app. I've checked and double checked the number.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
How did you get on? Did it work in the morning? I'm having an identical problem.
Podpoint is lit blue & flashing magenta, but I get the same error message when I try to connect to the app. I've checked and double checked the number.

Thanks.
If you had your PODPoint installed by someone other than them you will probably need to call them and get it added to your account. I used email but a phone call will be quicker.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you had your PODPoint installed by someone other than them you will probably need to call them and get it added to your account. I used email but a phone call will be quicker.
It sorted itself out like.not sure how.but to be fair I think when you use the charger for the first time with the car it allows you to register

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
It sorted itself out like.not sure how.but to be fair I think when you use the charger for the first time with the car it allows you to register
I used mine for a few weeks with my Zoe and couldn't add myself. It needed them to add it to my account.

Are you actually seeing home charges in your PODPoint account?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I used mine for a few weeks with my Zoe and couldn't add myself. It needed them to add it to my account.

Strange like,yes I am seeing them in my account.its a good indicator of my usage

·
Registered
3 Posts

I hope I'm not going to be charged for using it at home with my own electricity, am I ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, for anybody reading, here's the issue.

I used an external contractor to install the Pod Point, and because they didn't finish the set up properly I had to call Podpoint directly (Mon-Fri) and they were able to activate it in my app.

All works now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning everyone. Yesterday I had my Pod Point installed. Must admit the whole process of selecting a charger for the home and then getting it installed was more hassle than selecting an electric vehicle. Well since the install I was wanting to set up the Application for the Pod Point so that I could keep an accurate record of electricity used and costs to enable me to invoice my company for business use.
The indicators on the Pod Point are solid blue, indicating that the Pod Point is happy. When I entered the PSL number I keep getting a message 'There's a problem. We were unable to connect to your unit. Please contact support and they will help resolve the issue'
I logged the event with Pod Point as well as sent a more descriptive e-mail of the actions I have taken to resolve the issue. I would like to thank earlier contributors to this forum for some of the suggestions/actions to try. Unfortunately none of these have been successful. 1/ Power down the unit leave it off for in excess of 15 minutes etc. My trouble is that upon power up the Pod Point goes immediately to solid blue indication. I can also be stood right next to the Pod Point and with my Android phone being disconnected from any wi-fi, it can see my home network, but not see the Pod Point. I have even logged on to my router to see if there is anything that resembles the Pod Point as being a connected device, but there is nothing listed.
After all of this, I am wondering if there is possibly an issue with the wi-fi connectivity within the Pod Point itself, but the fact that I do not get the flashing white light after the Pod Point has been powered down, seems to suggest that it has 'got its knickers in twist' and has retained the original setting at installation and needs possibly the PCB within the Pod Point itself to be reset and revert back to factory settings. I might have missed something, but hopefully Pod Point will call soon to correct this issue. If anyone has any other suggestions, then please feel free to comment.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts