Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, it was a tough choice between Ohme Home Pro for £499 (via Octopus) and PodPoint tethered £599 - Ohme told me that after 3 years they don't know what will happen to the mobile data connection - they're not sure if it will be renewed with a charge applied to the customer or if it will be free of charge. They also didn't know if it will need a new sim or not and if so, they didn't know if it was self install or needed an an engineer. In light of this I opted for PodPoint and am now waiting for an installation date.

My question to any fellow PodPoint Home Charge users is, is it worth paying extra to extend the warranty by another 2 years for £69?

·
Registered
579 Posts
My PP has been working faultlessly for 4 and a half years now. However I'm a pretty light user, probably charging 4 to 5 times a month. When I bought it the extended warranty wasn't on offer but I think if it had been I'd probably have taken it out.

Reactions: rsg444

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'm going to see if I can add it - it's not been installed yet so hopefully I can add it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Extended warranty for £69 means that on average, 11% of units must fail in the extended period to be worth the warranty.

If you believe there's a 1-in-10 chance that your PodPoint will pack in between year 3 and year 5, then go for it. Otherwise, don't.

If it were me, I would save the money and just roll the dice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts