Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all

I put in an application for a PodPoint home charger with OLEV grant back in mid-July. It was approved fairly quickly but I then complicated matters by changing the car I’d ordered so had to re-submit the OLEV paperwork. However, apart from one email early on from the scheduling team, I have had no information about the wait time and although I’ve been promised call-backs, have had no reply to my phone messages or emails asking for information on how long I might have to wait. Has anyone else had a recent PodPoint installation, and if so, how long have you had to wait?

·
Registered
637 Posts
My installation date was about 2.5 weeks from the completed application (ie when you send them all the final info like proof of ownership).

I called a couple of times and was able to speak to the scheduler who was responsible for scheduling my installation. I actually had to re arrange as the installer that came said my earth resistance reading was over the limit (but only just).

Uk power networks said it’s the best they can do, and it’s knly just over, and gave me a form to give to the installer.

Cheers.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 40kW Tekna
69 Posts
I paid on 19/09/20. Finally got it installed on 11/01/21. Covid played a small part I suppose, but the main delay was waiting for DNO to authorise, due to me being on a looped supply, which surprised me as my house is a detached, built in ‘98. I did chase them up the week before Christmas and they emailed back within 48 hours with an install date. If I’d known it would take so longer, I’d have gone for the Zappi, but NO OTHER COMPANY responded to my emails, whereas Pod-Point did. Overall very happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts