Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,578 Posts
Actually they are claiming 1100 publicly accessible points. Their database contains 754 posts, most of which will be double posts, but not all are publicly accessible.

Edit: As far as I can tell, 349 are "Public", 49 are staff (and possibly visitors) only, 95 are at dealers (so you need the right make of car), 30 are at stations or airports, 5 are at hospitals, 26 at collages and 12 at government offices (so may or may not be public.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
They might have 17,000 sales.. but they don't 'own' the installations.

·
Registered
536 Posts
On their Seedr page, they've got themselves valued at over £16m quid.......... EH?!?!? On £4.5m turnover?? Based on what?? (a massive stock of un-sold podpoints??) In any weather I'd say that's a bit optimistic!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, I imagine most are home units installed under the OLEV grants. Is that a bad thing?
Well that cash will have been received and they will not be able to touch the vast majority of those customers again. Some of these already sold chargers will fail and will have to be repaired or replaced.

The only ongoing revenue stream is going to be derived from sales of new, commercial points. They are using a OPEX model and leasing points to retailers which makes sense

·
Registered
193 Posts
Having never found a working Pod Point, had nonsense from them regarding a domestic install, and then they embarrassed every EV owner with this ridiculous marketing mess back in May, I can only consider them a joke. If they get investors that don't research diligently that's fine by me. Fool and his money and all...

·
Super Moderator
11,856 Posts
Do you honestly believe therefore that one company has managed to install over 16,000 of these?
They say they have shipped 17,000. This includes OLEV funded home units and units that they shipped to a customer but may not have been installed. Probably have to say shipped since they don't control charge points they've sold to someone else.

We know there were some number of grant funded installs to homes without EVs before the rules changed.

·
Super Moderator
11,856 Posts
Some number of grant funded installs went to people without EVs.

We don't know how many. OLEV refused a freedom of information request back in August.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/usage_of_home_charge_points_unde#incoming-546484

Someone just asked pod-point for a breakdown on the 17,000. They haven't replied yet. You will need to sign in at seeders.com to see the Q&A (but don't have to invest)

====

Investing in any startup is risky. On the other hand this is an opportunity to crowd source 7kW posts if we want them. No guarantee the posts will be free to use.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts