Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace Black Edition HSE 22MY
1,919 Posts
Still showing as 28p everyday at Banbury Tesco.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same at my nearest one. Not entirely unexpected given the market currently, but a shame. I suspect a lot of people had picked up on their cheap pricing, use of the pod point has skyrocketed at my local the past few months.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22)
673 Posts
Tesco appears to be unchanged, my local Tesco are still free for 11kw and 22kw with 28p for 50kw

I expect they have a different agreement with podpoint
Podpoint pricing is set by the host, not by podpoint. Podpoint don't sell electric, just chargers and service agreement to a host.

All this means is, Lidl just decided to spend slightly less on their sustainability strategy.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Podpoint pricing is set by the host, not by podpoint. Podpoint don't sell electric, just chargers and service agreement to a host.
This is correct, there is a complicated agreement between the supplier of the ChargePoint and the host. The host provides the land and guarantees to pay the electricity bill. The ChargePoint provider finances the ChargePoint and the installation, including the interaction with the DNO. The ChargePoint provider then operates the billing mechanism and deducts the cost of the equipment (this is where they make their profit) and installation plus interest (more profit) from the amount paid by the motorist. The remainder goes back to the host to cover electricity and profit.

After the warranty period the host is responsible for paying for the maintenance and repairs to the ChargePoint. Even in warranty the host has to pay for accidental damage and vandalism repairs. The ChargePoint providers often provide an insurance backed support package to cover these eventualities.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts