Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a PodPoint S7 charge unit installed in March and I've only used it about a dozen times. When not charging the status light on the unit has always shown a steady blue light with intermittent purple flash, as it should. However, I notice that it now shows steady purple. I've looked in the instructions but can't find an answer. It still charges the car.
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the purple flash is when it talks to the internet (Podpoint) over its WiFi.
Have you changed anything about your home WiFi since the charger was installed? If so, you'll need to point it to your new WiFi. You should have received instructions on how to do this with the PodPoint (If it recall correctly it involves shorting an internal jumper - be careful of the high voltages elsewhere within the unit).

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've just unplugged and noticed the solid magenta/purple light.. Previously it was always green.

Can I ignore this? Is this related to SIM connectivity failing? As long as it works as a charger.. I'll find out when I next plugin.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
For at least the last couple of years or so I have had the permanent magenta/purple light when car is unplugged . Charger works OK. Guessing from above that the SIM (Mobile phone) connectivity is no longer working. Presumably means they are no longer getting any charging statistics from me, but no-one has contacted me to find out why.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Charger continued to work.. now I see the colour back to blue and green.. maybe a temporary SIM connectivity issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
plokij
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing