Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I visited my parents yesterday (ID.3 owners), and they’ve had their PodPoint installed but I had to help them with a WiFI range extender.
The PodPoint is all configured and the WiFi signal is good, however, we can’t figure out how to get the thing working. The app appears to talk to the PodPoint, but after saving a schedule and then deactivating it, the car wasn’t charging!
I left with the scheduler turned on for charging off peak last night. The green light was flashing, but this morning I got a message to say that the car hadn’t charged last night and they can’t get it to start charging at all now.
I’m not convinced that the app is robustly communicating to the charger. I don’t trust what the app is telling me is the current state store on the charger.
Can anyone (apart from PodPoint support) provide any feedback or tips from their own experience?

Happy Sunday all

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Not sure if these threads help or not:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, that’s what it was. I found a Battery Life video showing the setting and talked them through it. Then my dad remembered he’d messed around with that setting previously but forgot how he got there. 🤦‍♂️
Hopefully they can start with normal charge and then test the PodPoint

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I have a smart charger but find its easier to use it as dumb and do the smart timing from the car.
UNless there are issues with the VW (TBF, not unlikely from what Ive read) might be worth trying it that way round?
They just need to remember to switch it off when charging away from home

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It still wasn’t working so I visited as planned yesterday (Father’s Day) and sorted the issue. Turned it off then on again, set the schedule on the PodPoint, then it worked last night. Thanks all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts