Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Balls!

I've just gone to download the last couple of months' of usage for work, and my Polar unit hasn't sent anything in a month. Are everyone else's uploading ok?

Chargevision.jpg

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've never tried. How do you do it? Presumably there should have been some paperwork form P. H. Jones (British Gas) which I have never received. The unit was installed on 29th April after them pratting me about, twice failing to turn up on the appointed date.

Actually a correction: I did receive some paperwork - a questionnaire about the work of someone who didn't turn up, and a unit that didn't exist.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to contact Chargemaster ([email protected]) and they email you a user name and password...

it's a pain, because work cover the cost of the electricity as part of the pilot I'm doing... but only with usage downloads. Boo.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You have to contact Chargemaster ([email protected]) and they email you a user name and password...

it's a pain, because work cover the cost of the electricity as part of the pilot I'm doing... but only with usage downloads. Boo.
I got a meter installed on the charger supply so I can claim back. Found the charge vision data too inaccurate

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Charge Vision data is nothing but gobbledeegook! Who actually makes sense of it? Thought the whole idea was that it could then be analysed by 'the powers that be'.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
In contrast, Found a working Chargemaster post recently. There were no fees stated anywhere so thought why not test my shiny expensive:p new card.

It provided almost a whole kilowatt/hr:).

Then they managed to send me an email immediately afterwards telling me that my account had been debited by £1.70!

I was actually surprised, not just at being charged at a site that had no mention of it on the post but by the competent way they managed to extract money from my account.

I had to check on the Polar site to see if they really had succeeded in doing something and guess what?

Only £3.30 credit left:(.

The most expensive 4 miles I will ever drive:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::mad::mad:.

So I have finally had to pay for a charge after 20.000 miles in my first year:mad:. If only I had known but don't expect to be told at the post:confused:. Is that legal?

No idea why you should have received no data then.....Oh wait!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Interesting. I used the free CM post at Bicester Village. I checked the account several times over the course of the following weeks and my balance is still at £5...
Which free one did you use @Paul ?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most things sold retail to the public must have the price displayed before they can be bought. Sale of Goods & Services Act covers that I believe. I can't believe that EV posts are any different - they should be displaying the price on the screen of the post, or a sign/sticker.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Let us know how you get on with the reboot. I suspect it will make no difference.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This has happened twice before. Both times the conclusion was that the cellular module was dead, and it meant a whole new unit being installed.

And the loss of a month's usage, and not being able to claim about £30 of electricity back from work. Grr.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I emailed chargemaster about it and didn't even get a response.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have just had a call from Darren at PH Jones (aka British Gas). He wants someone to call tomorrow to find out the serial number of my charge unit. Apparently the guy that fitted it failed to make a note of it. That was more than 6 months ago.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well... my usage has appeared! I haven't checked it yet, but on 31st October there is a large pile of charge sessions now showing on Chargevision... will report back...

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I do have data but what worries me is that a single charge can be as much as 23kwh. The battery should only be taking around 11kwh.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts