Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Has anyone else suffered a top-up payment error with Polar Instant?

• Yes, exactly the same (authorised one payment and they took multiple amounts)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but different top-up payment error

• No, always works for me

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up for Polar Instant. I authorised a single £20 payment from my debit card to credit my account. Polar immediately sent me three email receipts, requested and took three £20 payments from my bank account, and credited my Polar Instant account with just £20.
I only spotted the error when I looked at my bank statement.
Contacted Chargemaster. They confirmed their error quickly. Tick. They didn't apologies. Offered no compensation. Didn't explain why it happened or whether others will suffer the same (past or future). And they will take up to 10 working days to give me my £40 back.
Poor, very poor.
Anyone else feeling hard done by in the same way?

·
The best there is at what I do
10,652 Posts
I tried Polar Instant once but found the prices were way to high on the chargers I wanted to use, so much so that I would have been better off taking out membership, the charger I used cost me £7.20, the membership fee would have been £7.85 + 10.8p/kW, the other problem I had was that on Instant the charge was for 30mins take it or leave it.
If you can make use of the CM chargers I would look at paying the membership as it may work out much cheaper.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
What? chargemaster are capable of giving refunds for charging credit you didn't need (or want)? Clearly a very manual process that involves their crack accounts team.

·
10,652 Posts
What? chargemaster are capable of giving refunds for charging credit you didn't need (or want)? Clearly a very manual process that involves their crack accounts team.
In fairness if you don't have enough credit on Instant they don't just stop the charge mid way through they send you a bill, the downside is you can only pay the top up of £20 so if you only owe them a couple of quid it's very difficult paying the bill.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
In fairness if you don't have enough credit on Instant they don't just stop the charge mid way through they send you a bill, the downside is you can only pay the top up of £20 so if you only owe them a couple of quid it's very difficult paying the bill.
Send them the cash?

·
10,652 Posts
Send them the cash?
They can deny receiving it:confused:

There should be a way of paying your bill either with a credit/debit card or PayPal etc it isn't hard, in the end I had to do it over the phone with my credit card and despite this my account is still showing that I owe them money:confused:, I guess there is a lot of manual stuff going on over at CM HQ.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I tried Polar Instant once but found the prices were way to high on the chargers I wanted to use, so much so that I would have been better off taking out membership, the charger I used cost me £7.20, the membership fee would have been £7.85 + 10.8p/kW, the other problem I had was that on Instant the charge was for 30mins take it or leave it.
If you can make use of the CM chargers I would look at paying the membership as it may work out much cheaper.
So the Polar Instant App is doing it's job;- ( making the Polar+ subscription route more appealing ).

I tried to use the app twice after posting a £20 , and it froze , crashed multiple times on one post. And couldn't locate the charger on another occasion. I deleted the the app and asked for the credit to be posted back to my account.
After a protracted and increasingly litigious series of e mails my credit was finally refunded. The effort wasn't probably worth the actual refund but I classed it as worthwhile..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts