Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just tried to add some cash to my CM Polar Instant account as I'm off on hols on Monday, but the website says User Not Found when I try to log in. Resetting my password - with the email address they mailed in January says User Not Found too.

I've only used the card once, last summer sometime, but was under the impression that the Polar Instant would stay if I didn't opt into Polar Plus? More importantly, what's happened to the fiver on the card? Also does CM answer phones on a Saturday?

Has anyone else has this problem? :confused:

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul First Edition
3,177 Posts
They tweeted yesterday they had a problem, but I thought it had been resolved.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolute comedy!

The website is working again now, I can request a new password, which arrives in a couple of minutes.
I can log in, but there's no mention of my current balance on the account anywhere, just a nudge to sign up for Plus.

Their contact page says telephone 8:30-5:30, but when you call them it says Monday-Friday, but if it's an emergency hold for an engineer. Which transfers you to a mobile number, which goes to voicemail. Comedy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've just tried to add some cash to my CM Polar Instant account as I'm off on hols on Monday, but the website says User Not Found when I try to log in. Resetting my password - with the email address they mailed in January says User Not Found too.

I've only used the card once, last summer sometime, but was under the impression that the Polar Instant would stay if I didn't opt into Polar Plus? More importantly, what's happened to the fiver on the card? Also does CM answer phones on a Saturday?

Has anyone else has this problem? :confused:
Hi there,
Please do e-mail us at [email protected] with your e-mail address that you used to sign up to POLAR instant so we can look into this matter further.
It sounds like you're trying to log in at www.polar-network.com which is our POLAR Plus member site. Could you please confirm you've tried at www.polarinstant.com instead? You will be able to see your balance on the member area of this site.
Your POLAR instant balance will remain the same as before and your balance has not been altered.
Please do get in touch should you still be unable to log in.
Thank you,
Chargemaster Customer Services

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried requesting a password a couple more times on the website, and the second time it worked, and I was allowed in and the balance was there! Note to self: when planning long distance travel, check CM balance earlier. :)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Slightly off-topic, but I'm glad @Chargemaster Plc are on the forum and I hope they contribute - or at least check out their notification alerts. PodPoint, Nissan and CYC are all on here and do a good job of responding to our enquiries.

I know CM get a lot of 'bad press' on the site, but I've not personally had any problems with them. They did my home install.

My use of their posts will considerably be reduced now with their admin charge, because the 1 hr charge I'd typically get whilst at a supermarket etc would be more expensive than burning petrol, but I understand they've got a business to run and slow charging PHEVs aren't much use to them.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see what you're saying @Brooktop, I want them to succeed too, the more charging there is, the better.

However, and it's a big however charging £1.20 for FREE charging is somehow wrong in my book.

What would the mainstream news/media say if Shell started charging a £1.20 admin fee to use a petrol pump, before you actually pumped any petrol... I suspect it would not go down well...
Secondly is CM actually making any money (more) now? Paying £1.20 to use a FREE pump hasn't encouraged me to use them more often. It seems to have stopped you too. Did you sign up for the £8/month subscription? Probably not, I didn't either because it doesn't fit my usage patterns.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Hi @leave - very valid points. Personally, I don't think it's a good business model but I don't know @Chargemaster Plc financials, usage etc.

Unless the post is providing free leccy and I'm there for more than an hour or so, it won't be worth it for me. Even if we get a Leaf as well (as planned), I can't see us using them a lot unless we get a 6.6 kw model because our usage won't merit a monthly fee.

I'd love to hear CM's take on it all. Obviously it doesn't cost £1.20 to initiate a charge, it's just making a contribution to the costs of running the business. After all, there's a very different imperative from CM v Ecotricity (up to now).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts