Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has already been discussed but I see they have finally released the polar instant app for android. It seems to work quite well with nice map and good quick searching but not had chance to try the remote charging start facility yet.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yep it was posted the other day - but doesn't work on some devices due to them being a higher resolution. I'm still waiting...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Doesn't work on my S4 and also my nexus 7. Due to these devices outputting a higher resolution they couldn't have tested it on higher end devices???

·
Registered
610 Posts
Either app still requires you to pay £20 to access free Chargepoints. I only have ASDA nearby (which previously provided a loan card while you shopped) and as these rend I free to use, the £20 ransom is somewhat galling!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Surely it could down size or scale bigger like I pads do?! Encourage asda to join source london/east/Midlands or cyc

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Surely it could down size or scale bigger like I pads do?! Encourage asda to join source london/east/Midlands or cyc
It does in fact scale perfectly well. The problem is that they included an list of supported screen resolutions in the asp manifest (android guidelines say you should only use that directive if absolutely necessary when some resolutions really are not supported), and they also support back to android 4.0 api level 14. The higher resolution xxhdpi was introduced in api level 16 so cannot be included in the list if they want compatibility with old devices. The simple fix is just to remove the list of compatible resolutions and reupload which I believe they are doing.

Meanwhile anyone who knows how to download the apk directly can sideload the app onto high res devices if they don't want to wait.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
A new version has been uploaded to the Play store:
What's New
- made available to devices with xxhdpi screens
Not yet showing on the web page but is on my phone so it may take a little while to trickle through to everyone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Polar non - instant. .. After 5 mins eventually allowed me to connect to a post. Unfortunately returning to my car it won't allow me to disconnect...

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I had the exact same problem today at the charging point in Holy Brook, Reading. I called the customer support line and he muttered about it being the second one today but couldn't contact the post to terminate the session. Fortunately I managed to contact the car park control centre who sent a technician to reboot the post.

I didn't take a screenshot but it was 14:20 that I eventually escaped from the car park so must have been about the same time as you.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts