Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Polar Plus card doesn't work anymore!

6K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  PedalPowerPanther 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have this issue on a rebranded Polar Pulse 50kW public charging unit?

#4 ·
Apparently we've all been sent new cards, which should work straight away.

The auto conversion of accounts does have a problem is you use both Polar Instant and polar Plus (I would have thought most would be on both, with one as a legacy) as the conversion to pulse just uses the one account, so mine has all my details from Polar Instant but asks me if I would like 3 months free on the Subscription rate, it's missing my Plus info - go to the web site and all my Plus info is there. Rang them (and got through quickly to my surprise) - was told about the enw card being sent out and they were surprised about the problem I had - partly because it appears the help desk people have not been told everything.

#6 ·
In true Polar/BP Chargemaster fashion act surprised when a new card arrives and realise the app is changed and wonder if they were ever going to tell you ...

Personally I've had few problems with the chargers, the people handling the calls have been great, but the communications side of the company is truly shocking.

#7 ·
So, just confirm my understanding here.
I have a RFID Polar Plus card that I am paying a monthly subscription for, but I now can not use the original RFID card to access ANY charging post until the NEW RFID card arrives ?.
If so, why am I paying a monthly subscription for something I can not access any more.
I know this sounds like a really daft question, but why did they not issue the new RFID cards to subscribers prior to the rebrand.
Is it me, or is that too much like plain common sense ?.
Sorry if I have misunderstood what is going on regarding the switch over to Pulse.
Maybe we should check if the people handling this change over has any sign of a “Pulse” themselves !.

#10 ·
For me , I entered my email etc details into the new Pulse app and the system then associated my existing Polar info with the Pulse scheme.
So far (2x Pulse EVSE) have found that the Polar RFID card is accepted as before. Haven't needed to actually use the new app...
I think that maybe the new RFID card is only for people who weren't previously with Polar.

#15 ·
When I found out about my issue yesterday afternoon I was out and about in my local town (sorry about the no. of outs). Whilst waiting for my daughter I installed the new app on my phone and when I registered was asked to put in a new 10 digit password that then didn't work!

I've just reset my password on my PC at home and re-used the original 8 digit one!

I think my point is that IMHO the migration to the new service should be seamless: i.e. the database, including usernames and passwords should be automatically migrated and logging into the odd web site or app should automatically re-direct you and/or load up the new app. Or is my view on life too simple?

I've yet to see if my old Polar + card still works: I'll give it a bit of time before I try at my local charging point and let you know.

#19 ·
I down loaded the new App yesterday, it asked for my sign in and password.
It did not like the password I was offering for some strange reason.
It offered 4 attempts to get it right, so I requested a new password.
This went okay and I now have access to the new App.
I have a Polar Plus subscription but prior to joining, I had £10 worth of credit on the old Polar Instant App.
Can you view your credit on the new App - I can’t seem to find it.
Other than the map’s for finding your nearest charger, I can’t see what benefit this App offers me really ?.
Unless of course I cancel my subscription and move back to a “Pay on the Day” service via Polar Instant.
I have yet to check if my RFID card is still working.
To be honest, relaunching the new App feels like a lot of fuss over nothing.

#20 ·
I've not had any of the problems that people have highlighted above.

Logged into the BP Pulse website with my old Polar login details without any problem. My current Polar RFID card also worked ok on a local (ish) 22Kw/h Polar charger giving me just over 8Kw in about 40 mins.

#22 ·

Pictures speak a thousand words. Fortunately, I had 25% and only 5 miles from home, so it wasn’t the end of the world. Just wanted to try the new app (didn’t accept that) so resorted to the Polar Plus app and the above happened. Think I’ll just stick to Pod-Point/InstaVolt......never had any problems. BP, you SUCK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.