Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am a new polar plus member and have done a few charges with no issues.

suddenly my rfid card is not being detected. The allegedly 24 hour help line is not connecting. I’ve sent an email. I’m a key worker and have to use my car to get to work , I’ve ended up paying the normal way.

any ideas how I can get this sorted ?
The other issue I am having is that the 50kwh CCS is only charging at 15/20kwh,

I have a Renault Zoe r135 gt rapid Charge

thanks

·
Registered
2020 Renault Zoe R135 Iconic
1,285 Posts
You are definitely using CCS and not type 2, aren't you? The car needs to have a low level of battery charge remaining, and the battery needs to be quite warm (after a long drive at speed) to get anywhere near the full charging speed.

Polar is a terrible network, and as you've discovered their customer service is even worse than their chargers. I'd suggest taking a look on Zap Map and looking for other networks to charge with. Instavolt would be a good choice if they are nearby.

(if you do want to continue to suffer Polar, you can use the BP Chargemaster app to start and end charges using your current subscription now I believe, even if the card isn't working)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hi

I am a new polar plus member and have done a few charges with no issues.

suddenly my rfid card is not being detected. The allegedly 24 hour help line is not connecting. I’ve sent an email. I’m a key worker and have to use my car to get to work , I’ve ended up paying the normal way.

any ideas how I can get this sorted ?
The other issue I am having is that the 50kwh CCS is only charging at 15/20kwh,

I have a Renault Zoe r135 gt rapid Charge

thanks
RFID cards can be broken by bending them. They have got a lot slower at answering the phone, but they usually do eventually.

Make sure the battery has had a chance to get itself warm before you charge. This means set off with a fully charged battery and aim to charge when you get to about 20%. If the battery is cold the battery charges slowly. All batteries ramp down the charging rate, in some cars this starts at 50% state of charge, but 70 or 80% it's usually time to move on. Charging at the start of your journey is always slow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts