Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to fast charge at Polar Plus, Corby Cube. Website said it was working and available but it had broken down. Nice Polar man said try the Holiday Inn one, he even looked it up, said it was working and available. It didn't work. Another nice Polar man said it was decommissioned, out of use forever. I asked why the other man had checked it and sent me there. He said Dunno. Then he kindly said there was another Holiday Inn just down the road, charger available and working, he gave me the postcode. IT WAS THE POSTCODE OF THE PLACE WHERE I WAS ALREADY. FREEZING TO DEATH, TRYING TO USE THEIR DECOMMISSIONED CHARGER!
Thank you Polar Plus!!!

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,199 Posts
The holiday inn Corby one has been removed?? The one by the stinking main road that's got a 7kw post in the spaces next to it?

Theres an instavolt just up from the cube.

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
There are 2 x shiny Instavolts at Corby Filling Station on Cottingham Rd, only CCS and Chademo though of course.

·
Registered
182 Posts
There are 2 x shiny Instavolts at Corby Filling Station on Cottingham Rd, only CCS and Chademo though of course.
just had a poke on zap map, it is the shell station, odd thing is even the polar at premier inn in kettering is down too, looks like they lost all of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for this. The Holiday Inn Polar Plus looked like it was alive but faulty but the Polar phone line said it was out of commission. Don't give up on it yet! I try to use Polar, as I'm with Evezy which gives me free Polar use.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,199 Posts
Is there an estimate of when it will be working again? There's lots of these ultrachargers that are faulty. They should have just the tritium ones like instavolt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts