Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Enjoy!!!
Pics and write up awaited.
Any hints on what to look out for at handover would be good if poss?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great news for those of us in the non-performance team! Did you find yourself changing the regen breaking level much?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 in void and standard suspension
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Handover takes an hour or so. Vehicle comes on a 2 car transporter. Need a bit of space to unload. Friendly delivery driver ran through the basics.
Main problem was pairing my phone. We missed that there is a privacy Notice that you have to accept before Bluetooth can be enabled. Google is ery slow to respond if you have poor 4g data.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great news for those of us in the non-performance team! Did you find yourself changing the regen breaking level much?
Not fiddled yet but I have driven an i3 a lot and the P2 is very similar on standard setting. I also have not tried the other steering settings as standard has a nice feel

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now back from a 150 mile drive - a mix of slow and fast A and B roads plus 10 miles of motorway.

Firstly, I would have easily done this well within the 35% of battery forecast by Google - the last bit on the motorway used a lot of energy. My feeling is that 250-270 is achevable if you stear clear of the motorway (admittedly at 'slightly' more than 70 mph).

Coming out of a XC60 with the full options list (safety, security, etc packs) the functionality is very similar in both cars. Tyre noise on poor quality tarmac is noticeable, but no worse than the Volvo. There is a bit of wind noise at motorway speeds but not at a typical 60mph down an A road. My XC60 weighs about the same as the PS2, but the road manners are much better on the PS2 - you rarely feel the weight.

I like the way the throttle is set up - acceleration is well mannered for normal driving. You cant really feel the performance, but if you floor it you are in for a surprise: It just goes, and it is completely seemless. A road overtaking is a breeze.

Some slight negatives/bugs. Google maps consistently tells you to leave at a roundabout exit after you have done so; the voice stuff is slow unless you have excellent data coverage (rare in this area); lane keep assist is a bit of a pain unless you are religious with the turn signal.

Questions?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest I am not sure about the point/value of the performance pack. I took some very sharp bends at speeds I would not normally use in my XC60 (even in Advanced mode of the 4C active chassis - think Audi sport) and the only issue was from my passengers o_O. This car is rock solid around bends with virtually no body roll and when you put your foot down it goes like sh*t off a chromium plated shovel -I lost my nerve long before the car showed any signs of slowing down.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Final post in my 1st day summary. Just popped down to my local Polar 50Kw charger - totally seemless charging session, maxed out the charger to 70% then dropped a bit. I stopped at 72%, but from 47% to 72% took 25 minutes and delivered a little over 22Kw. Looking forward to trying it on an Ultra, if I can find one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Many thanks for that - really glad you like it. Great to hear about the handling. The charging is a bonus as the 50 kW speed looks to give the full rated charging speed and useful extra range for a short stop session.

How would you rate ride quality v. the XC60??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How would you rate ride quality v. the XC60??
My XC60 has the 4C active chassis which has 3 settings - comfort, sport and advanced. Generally I stick to comfort on the motorway (where it excels). I found PS2 to be much firmer, but still quite comfortable on the motorway. On regualr roads it is much close to sport mode, but you do feel road imperfections much more and there is the odd 'thump' from the back end which is not present on the XC60.

Comparing it to the wife's i3 I would say that it is broadly the same - perhaps a little more stiff at low speed, but completely stable on the motorway (unlike the i3).

In the driving I have done today I am overall satisfied with the ride comfort - it is firmer than the XC60, but probably not that dissimilar to an XC60 R-Design. What is more noticeable is the tyre roar on the poor tarmac we have around here - I think it is maybe a bit louder than the well-worn Nokian (winter) tyres on the XC60. When you find the odd bit of road that has been resurfaced recently the drop in noise is quite noticeable.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How are the headlights @HugoCurran? There are many reports of them being set much too high.
My XC60 has HID with similar auto high beam to the PS2. The dipped beam is well controlled and nobody flashed me, so that is good. I found the dipped beam slightly disappointing compared to my wifes i3 (also with LED headlights) but they are much brighter than the XC60 (with 7 year old HID, which are beginning to fade). Coverage was good and I felt quite happy doing 60-ish down a local twisty B-road - would just like a bit more intensity close to the car.

At first glance the auto high-beam is no different to the XC60 (which uses halogen for high beam). I noted that the high beam is set too high - I can clearly see the tops of big trees. If they were aimed a little lower then they would probably throw more light onto the road. They do project a long way in front, but I think some of the illumination is wasted.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Sounds like they've started adjusting the headlights downwards then before delivering them to customers which is encouraging. Maybe they've adjusted them too far now though!

·
Registered
Kona64
1,436 Posts
Do you get a remote control phone app ability with the Polestar brand ?
Did you get yours set up yet - and can it do remote start/stop of preheating on interior/windscreen ?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts