Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get a quote from Compare the Market, but only 6 bids:

£480 fully comp protected, £300 total excess, 2 named wrinklies max NCD, 8000 miles p.a.

Hopefully this will improve as the car becomes more available and more insurers get on board, but it's not to too bad. The excess is far lower than our Tesla model 3. Car insurance does seem to have become more expensive since lockdown, for some reason.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
That doesn't seem too bad as they don't really have much of a frame of reference for Chinese-made cars yet. LV don't have it on their system yet and normally they're very competitive for EVs - their base price (before extras) for our Kona 64kWh Premium SE was about £250 for two of us in our 40s, 12k/yr :)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty good, our Ioniq was really cheap too.
The Tesla was in the £300's but with £600 excess. I suspect if I increased the xs on the Polestar the premium would be close to that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Managed to get a quote from Compare the Market, but only 6 bids:

£480 fully comp protected, £300 total excess, 2 named wrinklies max NCD, 8000 miles p.a.

Hopefully this will improve as the car becomes more available and more insurers get on board, but it's not to too bad. The excess is far lower than our Tesla model 3. Car insurance does seem to have become more expensive since lockdown, for some reason.
I am getting this (almost identical) on Admiral, 2 drivers, no business use and 8,000 miles. Seems to be the best on Compare The Meerkat.com
I think that's pretty good to be fair. After all, it is a £47,000 car in base format.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I've just contacted LV who have been extremely competitive with our Kona and Zoe and they don't have the Polestar 2 on their system yet but are intending to add it soon. They couldn't commit to a date, however, but I'm sure it won't be long.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Admiral via Compare The Market is £278, 600 excess for 2 60+ yo
Similar quote to me -
£343.84 with a combined excess (theirs + mine) £650.00, for 20k miles, SDP plus business, 58 yo male driver, protected max no claims.

Reactions: Stevedoz

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
This car is so cheap to insure. £269 with Admiral for two drivers in their 40s, 8000 miles/year, £250 voluntary excess (£600 total excess), protected no claims and hire car cover included. Amazing!

·
Registered
109 Posts
This car is so cheap to insure. £269 with Admiral for two drivers in their 40s, 8000 miles/year, £250 voluntary excess (£600 total excess), protected no claims and hire car cover included. Amazing!
I cant even get Admiral to offer a quote at the moment.

Best i can get through the compare sites is £1k through Churchill. I can get a Tesla for less than £400!

My IPace was £600 through Aviva who currently dont have the Polestar on their system.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 in void and standard suspension
111 Posts
I cant even get Admiral to offer a quote at the moment.

Best i can get through the compare sites is £1k through Churchill. I can get a Tesla for less than £400!

My IPace was £600 through Aviva who currently dont have the Polestar on their system.
I got a quote from Admiral via a comparison site a couple of weeks ago but now they won't supply a quote if you go direct.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm going to try again next week but struggling to find a good quote at present. Current insurer is not listing it yet

·
Registered
303 Posts
Fortunately I don't need to worry about this as mine's on a fleet policy. All they need to know is the registration number so the Motor Insurance Database is kept up to date. They don't care what the car is.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 in void and standard suspension
111 Posts
I'm going to try again next week but struggling to find a good quote at present. Current insurer is not listing it yet
As my car is supposed to be delivered on the 8th September I am becoming slighty concerned.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm struggling to understand how Richard got a quote for £269 which seems very cheap, though obviously i dont know his circumstances. Cant get through to Admiral by phone to ask them. LVE dont show the P2. Im around £1k through the comparison sites for the P2 which im loathed to pay. Havent ordered a car yet, so theres no rush.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts