Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get a quote from Compare the Market, but only 6 bids:

£480 fully comp protected, £300 total excess, 2 named wrinklies max NCD, 8000 miles p.a.

Hopefully this will improve as the car becomes more available and more insurers get on board, but it's not to too bad. The excess is far lower than our Tesla model 3. Car insurance does seem to have become more expensive since lockdown, for some reason.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
That doesn't seem too bad as they don't really have much of a frame of reference for Chinese-made cars yet. LV don't have it on their system yet and normally they're very competitive for EVs - their base price (before extras) for our Kona 64kWh Premium SE was about £250 for two of us in our 40s, 12k/yr :)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty good, our Ioniq was really cheap too.
The Tesla was in the £300's but with £600 excess. I suspect if I increased the xs on the Polestar the premium would be close to that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Managed to get a quote from Compare the Market, but only 6 bids:

£480 fully comp protected, £300 total excess, 2 named wrinklies max NCD, 8000 miles p.a.

Hopefully this will improve as the car becomes more available and more insurers get on board, but it's not to too bad. The excess is far lower than our Tesla model 3. Car insurance does seem to have become more expensive since lockdown, for some reason.
I am getting this (almost identical) on Admiral, 2 drivers, no business use and 8,000 miles. Seems to be the best on Compare The Meerkat.com
I think that's pretty good to be fair. After all, it is a £47,000 car in base format.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I've just contacted LV who have been extremely competitive with our Kona and Zoe and they don't have the Polestar 2 on their system yet but are intending to add it soon. They couldn't commit to a date, however, but I'm sure it won't be long.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
This car is so cheap to insure. £269 with Admiral for two drivers in their 40s, 8000 miles/year, £250 voluntary excess (£600 total excess), protected no claims and hire car cover included. Amazing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts