Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Very interested in the Polestar 2 as a company car later in the year. Does anyone know when test drives are likely to start happening?
Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think I can answer my own question - they've told me they will be starting test drives in August. I gather these will be in the form of the car being delivered to your door and then collected again afterwards which sounds like we may get it for a day! Fingers crossed...

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
314 Posts
Think I can answer my own question - they've told me they will be starting test drives in August. I gather these will be in the form of the car being delivered to your door and then collected again afterwards which sounds like we may get it for a day! Fingers crossed...
That sounds odd, as they haven't done this elsewhere like in Norway AFAIK.
Also that seems like very few people would get to test one. I thought they were having regional events where you can book a slot, presumably around 30mins, or visit one of the few Spaces..?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
How do you get on the waitlist for a test drive?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have a general Polestar mailing list you can get on to (via the website) and they should send out a general email about it over the coming weeks.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Or find someone who gets an early delivery and beg!?

Remember not to invalidate you distance selling rights if you get a test drive from Polestar directly though i.e. right to reject for no reason after delivery for a full refund.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just booked a test drive.
farnborough which is only about half an hour from me.
It’s a 1.5 hr ‘experience’ including a 30 minute test drive.
I have already ordered a P2 but it should be fun and good to get to know the car before delivery.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm only 15 minutes from Banbury! No email from them yet, I suspect I'm quite far down the list...

If anyone is happy for me to come and stare longingly at the car before they test drive it, I'd love to come along...?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm only 15 minutes from Banbury! No email from them yet, I suspect I'm quite far down the list...

If anyone is happy for me to come and stare longingly at the car before they test drive it, I'd love to come along...?
Unfortunately it does say that you can bring one other person but they have to be part of the same household :(

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boo :( I've emailed them directly to see if I can book a test drive from Banbury soon...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hi. Had an email from them with a link... I assume it was because Im on the email list and have ordered one, but not sure
I suspect it’s only open to people who have ordered at present.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm, the deposit is refundable within 14 days... if they can promise to get me a test drive within that time...

WBAC.com have offered me £30k for my 19 plate Kona which is only £3k less than I paid for it back in April 2019 so it's sorely tempting!!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts