Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a test drive in the base model twin motor model at the Braintree Gridserve hub. Very well organised event with a 55 min drive on dual carriageway, A and B roads with a lead car and two customers following. Gave a great opportunity to judge performance and roadholding. How did it perform? Just brilliantly. I'm no performance driver and I value comfort more than speed but at the end of the drive I actually felt exhilarated.
It looks like a conventional saloon car, is very comfortable and doesn't have a stupidly big screen and uses switches and buttons for the usual light and wiper controls.
What's wrong with it? Nothing desperately serious, but poor rear visibility was the worst thing I noticed. The rear boot space was less than in the Leaf. I never really took much notice of reviews that mention 'low quality plastics' but in the Polestar I did feel they were below par and the seat cloth was like a plastic woven deck chair material (without stripes).
I will be considering it when my 40kWh Leaf is replaced next year.
Also tried to configure one on their website to see the actual price, but it was very glitchey and confusing and I gave up. Not too keen on buying a car for around £60K without a showroom.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a test drive in Milton Keynes. They are all the dual motor model. They are ridiculously quick. Seemed faster than a model 3 and was a lot more solid. Overtook like you were being teleported.

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts