Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
350 Posts
Calling it that is confusing - you mean "medium" rather than the "large" battery - the "small" one won't initially be offered in UK.
I didn't know there was a smaller one outside the UK, so sorry yes I mean the Medium Battery.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Any active Polestar2 owners on here? (Not many new posts for a while!).

I’ve a 58kwh id3 and thinking of cashing in on its increase in value and spending a chunk more - and the Polestars seem to have suddenly become more competitively priced - and have reasonable lead times (ie not a year!!).

any views from anyone who’s had both or used both? Interested in the single motor long range - which is £42.5k ish…

Is the Polestar adaptive cruise/ semi self driving option any good? (Part of a 3k pack..)

and the boot is only 20l or so larger than the id3 - but shallower, but extends further (greater distance between lip and back seats)…

sorry for the random Q’s - will arrange a drive. Previous car was a Volvo so I’m a big fan of the Volvo comfort/ergonomics

how is the efficiency shaping up for people? Winter/summer miles/kWh

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am currently in a SR P2 but with no packs, came from an ID3 Life Pro Perf.

I first started to miss the ID3 and felt the P2 was really under-specced initially but after 2k miles I absolutely love the P2. Taking all the negatives and positives I would take the P2 all day long for my usage.

I do not have ACC in mine, so that was one of the things I missed from driving the ID3 with its auto-braking and auto-start feature in traffic. The rear space is much much better in the ID3. The driving dynamics were slightly better in the ID3 too from a spirited drive perspective due to being RWD but day to day the P2 is more comfortable, smooth on the road. Efficiency wise I can't really give you much as it isn't something I care about, I just drive how I want to drive (within the limits of course!) I do 70 miles a day, 60 of that at motorway speeds. I got about 180-200 miles in the ID3 and 160-170 in the P2 (although much colder now in comparison)

I prefer the UI in the P2 although no CarPlay/AAuto if you are a fan. Google is really well integrated and works seamlessly, with updates occurring regularly including a web browser to watch TV whilst you're charging.

Definitely go and test drive one, they are constantly touting these on their social media and regularly move around the country holding events. Plus, they have plenty of pre-builds coming down the line quickly, much much faster than other competitors if you catch the right spec at the right time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any active Polestar2 owners on here? (Not many new posts for a while!).

I’ve a 58kwh id3 and thinking of cashing in on its increase in value and spending a chunk more - and the Polestars seem to have suddenly become more competitively priced - and have reasonable lead times (ie not a year!!).

any views from anyone who’s had both or used both? Interested in the single motor long range - which is £42.5k ish…

Is the Polestar adaptive cruise/ semi self driving option any good? (Part of a 3k pack..)

and the boot is only 20l or so larger than the id3 - but shallower, but extends further (greater distance between lip and back seats)…

sorry for the random Q’s - will arrange a drive. Previous car was a Volvo so I’m a big fan of the Volvo comfort/ergonomics

how is the efficiency shaping up for people? Winter/summer miles/kWh
I never owned the ID3, I did placed an order for the ID4 52kWh Life Pure in June last year. After continued delays at the factory for a build date, I lost interest in waiting. So I cancelled the order and started to look around. Did look at the Hyundai Ioniq 5 was nice in the photos, but didn't like the look of the car in the metal.

Came across the Polestar 2, saw they offered test drives at their spaces/test drive centres. Went to MK, really liked the exterior look of the car and the interior. I test drove the Dual motor, really fast car and handled great.

But due to budget constraints plus speed was not on my list of priorities, I purchased the Single Motor Standard Range in Magnesium colour with the Pilot pack for £43,800
The main features I was looking for from the Pilot pack was the Adaptive Cruise control, Pilot Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, the rest of the features were nice to have. But since owning the car the Pixel Led Headlights and dimming side mirrors have been excellent.

In regards to the Adaptive Cruise control, it functions almost identical to the system I had in my 2017 VW Touran. The Pilot Assist system for me has been working great keeping the car almost centered to the lane, I've not had a car with such feature before to compare against. But from my experience with the Polestar system it has worked great and made long distance driving on Motorways and A roads much more relaxing with the car keeping the car in the lane.

In terms of efficiency I have posted the my recent drive to Gloucester on another Polestar forum: Single Motor (Standard Range) Performance, I am please so far with the efficiency, but again the only comparison for me is with my last car a BMW 225XE plug in hybrid.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the car. The one thing I have noticed since owning this car is a do looks and stares from members of the public admiring and figuring our what brand of car it is. Yesterday, whilst I stopped outside a chippy to pick up food, a passer by was admiring the car. He asked what car is it, he said "Is it a new tesla"! I said no, it's a Polestar. He never heard of it, but he said it was a very nice looking car.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts