Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 439 Posts

·
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
default.jpg default-2.jpg default-3.jpg Polestar-181024-Dome_4_Thunder_lev_v3SI.jpg
  • 408bhp - AWD - Permenant Magnet Motors - 0-60 4.7s
  • 78kWh (EU) / 72kWh (China) - 275miles EPA
  • Android based Infortainment
  • Optional Yellow/Orange Brembo's :p
  • 150kW CCS / 11kW AC
  • Vegan Interior Standard
  • Only available on subscription service.
  • Matrix LED adaptive lights.
  • Driver Assistant etc
  • Starting price €39,990 (Performance €59900)
  • Production Feb 2020.
  • Available: UK, Canada, California, and some others I didn't remember.
Hello beautiful.

The Polestar 2

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks great. Looking at the "care by volvo" subscriptions, an XC60 with a list of approx £40,000 is £598/mo.

Is it possible to guesstimate the payments on this... hard to say but presumably it's going to be quite a bit more than that! - edit: didn't realise price is released... perhaps it wouldn't be wildly more then. (for non-performance at least!)

Edit to add:

From the volvo UK site the following "Care by Volvo" subscriptions are showing:

XC40 T3 FWD Manual - £524/mo (OTR: £28,310)
V60 D3 Momentum Manual - £456/mo (OTR: £32,410)
XC60 T5 Momentum Automatic - £598/mo (OTR: £39,870)

So evidently there is some discounting/whatever going on in the monthly prices.

All 10,000mi per annum with insurance and maintenance. 3 year contracts.

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
"300 kW of power, 660 Nm of torque and a targeted range of 500 km/275 miles. 0 to 100 km/h in less than five seconds. All-wheel drive. The Polestar 2 has an all-electric drivetrain with the option of a performance package featuring Brembo brakes and adjustable Öhlins dampers. With front and rear DC to AC inverters, an 11kW on-board charger, a 27-module lithium-ion battery with 78 kWh capacity (72 kWh in China), and EFAD + ERAD permanent magnetic motors, the Polestar 2 is a paragon of electric performance and efficiency."​

·
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My one dislike is colours are just shades of grey - this suggest Volvo/Polestar are expecting their to be a recession by Feb 2020 - as colour is linked to prosperity.

Thunder is my favourite.

·
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not clear what you would get for €39,990
Configurator suggests everything but performance pack, probably less HP that bit is not clear granted. I certainly don't need 400bhp for my usecase.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Configurator suggests everything but performance pack, probably less HP that bit is not clear granted. I certainly don't need 400bhp for my usecase.
I tried the configurator and it didn't adjust the price down or up with or without the performance pack. It's probably like Tesla. You can have the base price but at some indeterminate date in the future.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
My one dislike is colours are just shades of grey - this suggest Volvo/Polestar are expecting their to be a recession by Feb 2020 - as colour is linked to prosperity.

Thunder is my favourite.
KILL!

Good God Almighty, grey? What with Tesla doing away with the gorgeous silver on the Model 3 (although the blue is nice, but red and white, meh), where's the fun.

Imagine a grey boot, too lethargic to raise itself up to stamp on a human face once, let alone forever.

But - 5 doors! Wahey! 404 litres seems a bit small, that's the same as the Countryman PHEV.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The subscription price is for the good old "First Edition" so lesser models might be cheaper to rent.

Whichever marketing consultant dreamed up the concept of the First Edition with attendant price hike certainly earned their corn that day.

·
Banned
3,248 Posts
"300 kW of power, 660 Nm of torque and a targeted range of 500 km/275 miles. 0 to 100 km/h in less than five seconds. All-wheel drive. The Polestar 2 has an all-electric drivetrain with the option of a performance package featuring Brembo brakes and adjustable Öhlins dampers. With front and rear DC to AC inverters, an 11kW on-board charger, a 27-module lithium-ion battery with 78 kWh capacity (72 kWh in China), and EFAD + ERAD permanent magnetic motors, the Polestar 2 is a paragon of electric performance and efficiency."​

Efficient?

78kWh / 275mi = 283Wh/mi.

For comparison the Kona is 258 miles EPA range, so with 64kWh that's 248Wh/mi.

Okay, 78kWh may be the total capacity rather than usable, but still.

1 - 20 of 439 Posts